1. merriell's rating of the film Django Unchained

2. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Django Unchained

Gentlemen, you had my curiosity, now you have my attention!

3. raquel_ag's rating of the film Django Unchained

Enredo: ★★★★★ Cinematografia: ★★★★★ Tom: ★★★★ Música e Som: ★★★★ Representação: ★★★★★

4. mis marg's rating of the film Django Unchained

5. JCPJD's rating of the film Django Unchained

A great translation. It's like Tarantino lifts time periods and plunks them in ours. What's most noticeable is that, while being technically proficient, he's so irreverent. He's like a jazz artist. I like the dialogue, and the plot is great, it zips along for a nearly 3 hour film. Also, the casting is incredible. Everyone nails it.

6. Chris sutton's rating of the film Django Unchained

There is something unpleasant about this film. Dealing with such sensitive material as the slave trade, when Quentin should be attempting genuine pathos he instead defaults to stylized violence and genre pastiche. It feels like he is incapable of little else and the proceedings frequently lapsing into parody. A talented cast and the occasional well-written line is not enough to raise this above mediocre.

7. marxsbeard's rating of the film Django Unchained

indefensible in a number of ways (so i won't) but goddamn this is still an absolute piece of film, and the rare tarantino i return to. exploited exploitation that's carried by the source material(s) it *kinda* gets (on an utterly lurid level).

8. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Django Unchained

This won’t necessarily win Tarantino any new fans, but then again, there are some moments here that just might. The narrative is more linear and straightforward than any of his previous movies and it is, arguably, full of more moments of pure satisfaction than any of his previous outings. In other words, this is up there with his very best.

9. Harriehhh's rating of the film Django Unchained

It’s been five years since I last saw Django Unchained, and if I’m to say that I thought it was overrated then, I hold to that opinion. Not that I meant to slight Tarantino fanatics – we all have our preferences after all, and Tarantino sits comfortably among the best – but this film is simply too goddamn long. Less indulgence, more momentum, and this could’ve been perfect. But who am I to judge?

10. Annie Crabtree's rating of the film Django Unchained

Touches upon important subject matter but I wonder if it could have more nuance or finesse. Certainly no 12 Years A Slave, but very entertaining and enjoyable. The female characters lack depth, but as a take on a western that attempts to address dark realities of history, I’d recommend it.

11. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film Django Unchained

"It's me baby." Sexiest movie ever, and yes, Alexandre Dumas is black. My favourite death is : "Bye Miss Laura". Tarantino is a reason for living. Every actor in this, is perfectly embodied. The stillness and strength of Kerry Washington with storytelling eyes. A salute to the excellence of the horses too. "Who was that nigger?" - I love you Django. FREEDOM.

12. P D Dawson's rating of the film Django Unchained

For all its absurdity and over the top performances, there lies a film that is charming and sublimely entertaining. Tarantino juggles humorous scenarios one minute, then amps the tension to feel powerfully affecting and emotional the next. Not many directors achieve this, and even Tarantino struggles at times, but because of his previous efforts he has earned the right to experiment, but the tooth on top the wagon?

13. Dean Owen Jones's rating of the film Django Unchained

Too much gore for me, as usual, and I *hope* he didn't steal the core idea from someone else. That said, there are some electrifying performances here and the dialogue, editing, cinematography and so on are excellent. I just never bought the supposed 'comedy-violence'thing. Violence is violence. Tarantino reads like an over-grown and desperate frat-boy at the best of times. Never got why people worship him so much.

14. Shane Ewen's rating of the film Django Unchained

15. gaussian's rating of the film Django Unchained

excellent music and also my first tarantino film

16. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film Django Unchained

Second favorite Tarantino movie. I made my parents watch it because my dad loves westerns. They loved it because, "it didn't have any bad language in it, like the other Tarantino films." SMH/LOL

17. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Django Unchained

18. João R's rating of the film Django Unchained

As much as it deals with such a dense theme, the way it portrays slavery always felt emotionless, taking the matter to a secondary place. Even if it was a conscious decision (as were the historical and demographic inadequacies), it was insipid. Perhaps a case of style over substance.

19. spasmolytic's rating of the film Django Unchained

Better than Kill Bill at least. Pretty up it's own ass still.

20. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Django Unchained

Any movie that tries so hard to please me earns my eternal enmity.

21. Doe Deer's rating of the film Django Unchained

who doesn't like watching the west parodying itself

22. EdieEmm's rating of the film Django Unchained

If you're gonna make a career out of rehashing a practiced mix of gleeful immaturity, unapologetic pop-cultural appropriation, hyper-stylized violence, and a not-entirely-convincing (ie suburban) bad-boy swagger, you could do it with a lot less charm than Tarantino. Well short of glorious, but fun, clever-enough, satisfying revenge pulp and cinematic tribute. Pretty ok!

23. Stefan Stefan's rating of the film Django Unchained

24. Andi Dan's rating of the film Django Unchained

Sold.. To the man with the exceptional beard! And his unexceptional nigger