1. Aardsy's rating of the film D.O.A.

2. James Mackin's rating of the film D.O.A.

Nice set-up. Wish there were more films this willing to give you the twist at the beginning.

3. Jonas A. McCaffery's rating of the film D.O.A.

I didn't realize the film featured the best performance from a slide whistle.

4. AEDR2's rating of the film D.O.A.

Ahhh! Ese protagonista... Que no tenía novia? Anda viendo a todas las muchachas y siempre con un irritante silbido. Qué hará esta película en esta AP?

5. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film D.O.A.

6. Braden Vallenères's rating of the film D.O.A.

There are fewer things in life that I love more than a sweltering, frenzied, propulsive jazz scene in a film noir flick. This has got one of the best.

7. ricardoetatto's rating of the film D.O.A.

Un film noir bien logrado, aunque sin ser de los mejores del género. La premisa se plantea desde el principio y se va desarrollando hasta llegar a un giro dramático que el espectador no espera, y que constituye el fnal de la trama, donde todas las piezas quedan en su lugar.

8. SpacePirate's rating of the film D.O.A.

A very inventive storyline. Not your typical noir fare here, but has all the stylings. Worth a look if a fan of the genre in general. Top quality

9. Gaurav Singhmar's rating of the film D.O.A.

In point of fact the detective work needed to get to the bottom of death is decidedly less action-based.

10. msmichel's rating of the film D.O.A.

Had been a lot of years since last seeing this one and frankly it was far better in memory than the visit today. Once considered a classic of film noir the film now seems a touch over baked and often corny. Don't fault O'Brien in the lead who is quite good but just the scripting. Director Mate has far better films in the resume from when he was a cinematographer.

11. Terry_Moby's rating of the film D.O.A.

Great locations, good images and light, terrible dialogues and absolutely ridiculous female characters all around. And then there is that off-screen whistle every time the hero sees a woman... Not quite a timeless classic.

12. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film D.O.A.

By introducing the main dilemma in the first scene and then rewinding to before that dilemma actually comes into play, the film inadvertently diminishes the first third since the audience will now pay less attention to the relationships and will instead impatiently await for the reintroduction of the problem. This is a shame since the 2 thirds that follow are some of the most fatalistic and explosive of any noir film

13. peio plunkett's rating of the film D.O.A.

me gustaron las escenas de san francisco

14. Melmoe's rating of the film D.O.A.

Such a dull film! Boring directing, bad acting, extremely cheesy dialogues. I love noir films, but this one is simply disappointing.

15. Stefan Drees's rating of the film D.O.A.

The main title sequence is a brilliant example for the absorbing effect of a well-considered congruence between music and body/camera movement: Bigelow marching through the corridors of the police department in perfect coordination with the music of Dimitri Tiomkin and - at last - slowing down (like the music does) just before entering the homicide office.

16. Ned Bookman's rating of the film D.O.A.

An engaging slice of high-noir to accompany the recent low-noir of 'Detour'. Memorable mostly for its set-pieces - the opening, the running scene - rather than for its fairly generic action staging. O'Brien is shifty, Brand is wacko, Adler is urbane. The ending is surprisingly callous.

17. Mario Rodriguez's rating of the film D.O.A.

Really really enjoyed this film (that's what counts at the end) loved Edmond O'Brien performance. The scene running on the street (where you can see it is real) is really well made. The last scene with Blade Runner's building is amazing. This film is one of those gems which deserves more credit and is a pleasure to watch. An amazing surprise and definetely one of my favourite classic movies ever. I Love MUBI :)

18. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film D.O.A.

A man covers space, in time, to 'go home'. Existentialism 101: or how the wayward shall find a path, if a little too late.

19. Ellie Groom's rating of the film D.O.A.

A neat conceit, but it's not up there with the other lesser-known noirs that I'm catching up on this month.

20. Louis's rating of the film D.O.A.

Decent B Noir. But I'd like to point out that its availability here is redundant as it's in the public domain: http://archive.org/details/doa_1949

21. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film D.O.A.

A very clever storyline and an excellent performance from Edmond O'Brien as Frank Bigalow. This is vastly superior to the 1988 remake starring Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan. However, the wolf whistle side effects used while Frank is staying in San Francisco were not only irritating and totally unnecessary but they also detracted from the atmosphere of the film.

22. Cinematic's rating of the film D.O.A.

It is really a shame that the second part of this film indulges in the who-made-what-to-whom routine, because it was on it's way to become my favorite film-noir ever. The list of entailed characters could have been reduced a lot without the coherence of the script been hurt. And that's all the bad things I can say about this gem of a movie. LIFE! LIFE! LIFE!

23. Schnagelkott's rating of the film D.O.A.

Nice and cheesy--just the way I like my pulp thrillers.

24. Silenzio's rating of the film D.O.A.

Superb film noir, actually one of the best of the period but deserves to be more well known. Worth watching alone for Neville Brand as the psychopath