1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Documenteur

2. DrFirestone's rating of the film Documenteur

A film about separation, loneliness, alienation. While this sounds rather depressing, the tone here is warm and filled with hope - so typical for Agnès Varda. Beautifully charming portray of Los Angeles 1981, I loved the technicolor images - the composition, framing, and camerawork are absolutely fantastic. Excellent film about difficult matters, with nostalgic, yet still positive and uplifting notes...

3. mciszczon's rating of the film Documenteur

Although I had a hard time understanding some of the off-screen commentary, I loved the film for its delicacy and stillness. Emilie is shown as a very tender yet strong personality and I can't help the strange feeling of compassion and attraction to her!

4. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Documenteur

A film that absolutely refuses to be put in a box. It is about nothing really but at the same time the most personal and autobiographical movie you will find. It is both with actors, family members, close friends and strangers. It captures Los Angeles as it is and still plays on a fictional level and stylish level the way the film is tought and edited. The play with the words, the almost experimental voice over. Wow.

5. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Documenteur

Not quite sure what this supposed to be. It might have been a good essay but not necessary a movie.

6. yannisky's rating of the film Documenteur

Another gem of a film by Varda - the depression and disconnect of the protagonist is poignantly captured in striking images, narration and awkward encounters - without it ever feeling dramatic or sensationalised.

7. msmichel's rating of the film Documenteur

'An emotion picture' Varda's final 'California period' film is perhaps the most personal of the series despite it being a fiction film. Sabine Mamou plays a veiled version of Varda while Varda's own son Mathieu plays Martin, Sabine's fictional son. The film at 61min goes by very quickly and what it lacks in story it makes up for in emotion and observation.

8. EdieEmm's rating of the film Documenteur

More than the wordplay, what I think I disliked, or reacted to, was seeing a particular type of 'weakness' - a faded, meek diminishment that for me is very gendered (and that apparently seems to trigger my contempt) - handled in such a straightforward, non-judgmental way. Leave it to Varda to make me confront some internalized sexism and come away more empathetic. Still, not her best. Personal growth notwithstanding.

9. Chris Landry's rating of the film Documenteur

Agnes Varda makes films for grownups. She is as great as Tarkovsky or Bresson.

10. Kamran's rating of the film Documenteur

Quite thought provoking and formally provocative, but rather dry, stiff, imprecise. 71/100 - Good.

11. nematomaranka's rating of the film Documenteur

12. Renton47's rating of the film Documenteur

When our world is destroyed it becomes necessary for us to build it up again, creating new meaning in the language and images that surround us. This is an essayic odyssey of that quest and a gorgeous visual poem.

13. Leco's rating of the film Documenteur

A collection of snapshots in motion so sensible and beautiful, so fluid that makes you think the goddess is in the detail. Amazing. I'll definitely watch again.

14. Dominic Rainsford's rating of the film Documenteur

Some rather terrible amateur acting (not the lead), but, as usual with Varda, incredible immersion in people.

15. Jason's rating of the film Documenteur

I wouldn't call Documenteur bleak, exactly, but I couldn't help but find it to be something of a consummate bummer. There is a forlorn quality. There is a drabness. I cannot help but feel that Varda is giving voice to a kind of self-pity. I can think of no character trait less attractive than self-pity. What I do admire is what I perceive to be the honesty on display, as well as the understated purity of vision.

16. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Documenteur

I love Agnes Varda- I love the way she blurs fiction with memory and reality to create a haunting portrait of womanhood in this film!

17. Cartaphilus's rating of the film Documenteur

Maravilloso. Visualmente curioso y verbalmente genial. La cámara se pasea como un curiosa y las palabras realmente danzan en asociaciones no siempre siguiendo un riguroso orden.

18. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Documenteur

It takes a Varda to show the real deal in LA. Forget Hollywood!

19. Carlos Simoes's rating of the film Documenteur

Make us think! A movie which captures our vision towards daily questions of our life. The kind that I enjoy.

20. ADZERTY's rating of the film Documenteur

Encore un chef d'oeuvre d'A. Varda, sur l'énigme de la rupture et du divorce, et le sentiment d'abandon d'une femme jetée là, dans la vie, hors de celle qu'elle avait rêvée, d'une femme encore dans la survie, malgré tout, après le désastre. Ce n'est pas permis d'avoir autant de talent !

21. Drew.'s rating of the film Documenteur

My favorite film from my favorite director. It's deeply personal in a way that's engaged with its environment. That's what Varda does best and I'm just in awe of how emotionally profound and intellectually profound this masterwork is at the same time.

22. That Fuzzy Bastard's rating of the film Documenteur

Not one of Varda's best---the dubbed dialogue and non-actors never quite become a fully realized aesthetic. But Varda's photography is a powerful demonstration of how dynamic low-contrast color photography can be. Her photography, like her screenwriting, eschews dramatics in favor of low-key observation.

23. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Documenteur

documenter, docu-mentir, docu-menteur, docu-menteuse, document, docu-mensonge.

24. pinkwargasm's rating of the film Documenteur

It's awesome! i loved every minute of it !!