1. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

2. Ethan's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

This is a very different film from Kurosawa and like all of the masters who started out in black and white Kurosawa really knows how to utilize vibrant colors and at times this film has the tone of a Fellini film.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

Des tableaux inoubliables qui touchent dans leurs propos à l'universel... www.cinefiches.com

4. Aardsy's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

Soon gentrified; became Landfill Heights.

5. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

6. Stu Witmer's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

Watching this movie is like listening to a politician's answer when asked how much a quart of milk costs.

7. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

8. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

9. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

10. cyrikelly's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

Monumental! il n' y a que le rêve qui peut égaler ce film! l'émotion que dégage ce film est incroyable! Merci Monsieur KUROSAWA.

11. azoulay's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

Cruel, bouleversant et désespéré, drôle et pathétique, dingue, étouffant unique et prodigieux un des plus beau film du grand maître Kurosawa. Un film comme un poème de Rimbaud un roman de Céline ou une peinture de Picasso qui ouvre des perspectives artistiques au futur tout en nous glaçant de la vérité du présent

12. paxy's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

13. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

Plays like an odd collaboration between Walt Disney & Samuel Beckett. On one level, light comedy, fantasy & childish sentiment; on the other, the brutal reality expressed through abstract imagery & bizarre, theatrical scenes. The effect can be odd & disengaging, but entirely unique. The only thing more dazzling than Kurosawa's experiments with colour, light & composition is the sensitivity he shows to his characters.

14. Sebas Castro's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

15. José Neves's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

Cinematography by Takao Saitô and Yasumichi Fukuzawa.

16. Hidden Behind the Screen's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

The most experimental of all of Kurosawa's films I've seen thus far (almost all)... Not a perfect film by any means (which came as a shock to me because most Kurosawa's are completely perfect) But I respect Kurosawa all the more for making this film. It displays his characteristic desire to explore the nature of humanity and in this case, humanity in desperation. Could definitely see the Dostoyevsky influence here

17. The Shadows and Silence's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

Absolutely sublime humanistic cinema as always from Kurosawa. Perhaps one of my favourite of his gendaigeki films, there are scenes which make your heart ache, your anger boil, your faith in humanity die and then resurrect all in the same scene, bloody wonderful stuff.

18. Cbarky99's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

In retrospect, it's easy to see why this was a commercial failure when it was released, and the performances don't help much, as many of the actors mug for all they're worth. Still, for a Kurosawa fan, this is worth watching just to see him play with colour and light on a new style of canvas for the first time, and the film's gentle humanism lingers after it's over.

19. João Eça's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

Good intentions don't make good movies. Kurosawa really wasn's thinking at all, as this is a picture about nothing, full of breath-taking images that really reflect an absence of thought about anything other than a sort of naive conception of "cinematic expressionism".There's no life in the shots and the movie never costructs its own time. All we have left is a sentimental, boring movie about people living in slums.

20. Harry Rossi's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

The first hour was incredibly uneven, but eventually it felt as if Kurosawa finally found his footing and the end result is very beautiful, moving at times and incredibly humanistic. The colors and production design were just out of this world and for a first color effort, this is just amazing to look at. Despite it's flaws, it's human moments remind me of why Kurosawa is my all time favorite filmmaker.

21. joey Noodles's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

I didn't have high expectations for this film but I thought it was really beautiful, human, and powerful, another great Kurosawa film.

22. A47's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

A litmus test for determinng true fans from the phonies. "DoDes'Ka-Den, DoDES'KA-Den, DODES'KA-DEN..."

23. Michael Convery's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

I admire Dodes’ka-den's ambitious scope and wonderful color, but it is very uneven. I think this film could have been great had Kurosawa decided to collaborate with some animators on an epic cartoon. As it is, I think The Lower Depths is a better treatment of similar material.

24. kaidan's rating of the film Dodes'ka-den

magnificent film by a legendary director.