1. FISCHER's rating of the film Dog Days

Une vision pessimiste et nauséeuse de l'Autriche d'aujourd'hui... www.cinefiches.com

2. kowalski's rating of the film Dog Days

hearst voi schoaf dea fuim, a bissl krass oba soaguad

3. findfilm's rating of the film Dog Days

A day in the life....of a bunch of disconnected Austrians with their miserable lives the common factor. The 2 hours of the film contains not one smile or laugh but plenty of loneliness, heartbreak, misery and psychotic tendencies. Sex is loveless, companionship is habitual and simmering violence is ever-present. This voyeuristic film is a difficult watch because of it's stark reality but that is it's success.

4. OrfgenT's rating of the film Dog Days

Der Horror des Spießertums & der Neubaugebiete - voller Gewalt & Hässlichkeit in interessanter Filmästhetik.Milieu, dessen Umgebung an Bourdieus Theorien erinnert(Kunstrepliken, Marken,...).Schwer zu ertragen. / The horror of 'Spießertum' & development areas - full of violence & ugliness.Milieu whose surroundings remind theories of Bourdieu(see art replies, brands,...).Hard to endur, but interesting film aesthetics.

5. AVA's rating of the film Dog Days

offenbarend,abstoßend.real.

6. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Dog Days

Warning. Sick, twisted and funny. For me the most significant story was the one of the hitchhiker. She would drive people crazy, and they would keep picking her up and driving her around. When you're angry it's helpful to have a scapegoat.

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Dog Days

8. Luke Smithers's rating of the film Dog Days

The church hymn the hitchhiker and her driver sing as they pass the rows of glass department stores; the bite of chicken one character steals in her lingerie; a maid's undressing for her client in his dead wife's clothes...unforgettable tableaus much in the disillusioned style of Roy Andersson.

9. Manuel Bärenz's rating of the film Dog Days

"es gibt scho' garstige Menschen" - People are cruel. Yes. And they are beautiful, and ugly, strong and weak, exploiting each other. And in the end, they just want to love and be loved. The people depicted in this film are like real people, and they're being shown in all their detail. Sometimes heartwarming, sometimes incredibly painful. Takes some time to get into, because there is no story arc on first sight.

10. lostlevel's rating of the film Dog Days

At some point it appears to morph from some sort of voyeurism into misanthropy. That's probably where it lost me even though that seems to change by the end it had already depressed the hell out of me.

11. Real_Stephanie's rating of the film Dog Days

A cruel film I thought. By the end, I really just wanted it to be over.

12. Láďa Tvarůžek's rating of the film Dog Days

Found it a bit too cruel but that might be a (very pessimistic) director's view of human's nature.

13. Nikola Enchev's rating of the film Dog Days

... "is anything as cruel as a normal person... like you!" ... Few other films make you as queasy about what passes for normal life than this. Every once in a while I walk down the street and it dawns on me again that all that I see is an artificial, hollow environment divorced from reality. Dogdays is about staring at that reality as if you've never seen it before. Strangely humanist, nevertheless...

14. Thom Novi's rating of the film Dog Days

Strong film... Be ready to think.

15. Penelope q's rating of the film Dog Days

got in an out of the film constantly

16. IV NEVER BEEN TO A RODEO's rating of the film Dog Days

17. chazell's rating of the film Dog Days

well well well - i might move to this paradise

18. Benrhy's rating of the film Dog Days

If I'd rated after the first 45 minutes it would have got more starts, but it went on too long and became lost in depictions of aimless misogyny. I thought 1980s rural North Yorkshire the pinnacle of miserable living until I saw this though. My childhood now looks suddenly rosy. That's a plus!

19. Paul Relf's rating of the film Dog Days

20. raggiodisole's rating of the film Dog Days

tried hard to like this film, but for me it moved beyond mildly satirical observation into exploitation. As mentioned elsewhere, other films better cover this territory, and the predominant feeling I was left with was one of great sadness. Us poor humans

21. maria's rating of the film Dog Days

One of the films that shifted my perspectives in cinema. It's hard to put the finger on the "what" but it's a film with a feeling you won't forget.

22. rllr's rating of the film Dog Days

Of course it takes a documentary maker to hit it right out of the park concerning the Western European suburban hell. Hundstage is the ultimate depiction in that all too recognizable depression: Catholicism, work ethics, sexual repression (amongst others). Life, but how to live it...

23. Peter's rating of the film Dog Days

The Austrian psyche brilliantly expressed. The self awareness of the contradictions in the national anthem scene is acute.

24. Steven Nuttall's rating of the film Dog Days

Completely the wrong choice of hangover film. Faith in humanity destroyed.