1. chanandre's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

Destination: failure. Like Mann's, Lang's and Melville's characters all of these characters were marked by destiny, by fate. For death. To suffer and then die alone. This puts to shame anything that Gray, Tarantino, Refn, Solondz or Dumont, have put out lately. So raging, so violent, so brutal, so uncompromising. I wonder if Taxi Driver shouldn't have a co-directing credit,'cos these shots, this tension: Schraderism▽

2. José Neves's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

Digital. 0. What the hell is this ? Schrader was never the author he wanted so much to be - and curiously is in some of his scripts that his character is more plausible - but this sub-sub-minor Tarantinesc crap is unbelievable.

3. Patrícia Nunes's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

2,5 | It tried to be a lot of things.

4. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

5. L'immoralistee's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

7. S Campbell's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

Or when directors you respect let you down This film is just plain awful. No one is exempt from the films awfulness

8. Hyperion_333's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

9. msmichel's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

Just terrible. Schrader has written and directed some incredible films over the years and as a scholar of film has cemented his legacy in film history. Why he chooses to piss on that legacy here is beyond me. Without a point or purpose this film just dies on screen becoming such a chore to get through despite its manic performances and spurts of ultra violence. One almost pines for 'The Canyons'.

10. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

It's the Schrader-crazy version of what everyone's been trying to do with the DeNiro/Pacino duo... but instead you've got Cage & Dafoe which makes it not necessarily good but kinda awesome. (2.5 / 5)

11. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

While the themes and talent hold promise, the script is an absolute disaster: an embarrassing litany of cliche, unnecessary subplots, voiceover narration, and uninvolving characters. Schrader should have rewritten the script to serve his own aims. The full, one star is solely for a gonzo scene of Cage imitating Humphrey Bogart.

12. Eric Sherwood's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

Damn, can't stop thinking about this. Gotta be samurais has become my squad mantra.

13. Justin Senkbile's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

14. Blumes's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

some charm, some good Cage tics. to what end?

15. James Mackin's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

The only way I can describe this film is "what the fuck is this shit, I want more."

16. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

Nicolas Cage tries hard to do an Humphrey Bogart's impersonation. Paul Schrader tries hard to do a Tarantino/Ritchie's impersonation. Dog Eat Dog tries hard to impersonate a movie. I thought The Canyons was terrible, but this is a simulacrum of a film.

17. Jason's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

Paul Schrader, working on a screenplay not by himself, has succeeded in making a 90s straight-to-video movie for the streaming era. This one really isn't trying very hard to make a case for its reason to exist. There must merely have been some vague idea at the outset about letting Cage and Dafoe let loose in as tasteless a context as possible, all in the name of good fun. Well, it is barely fun and seriously limp.

18. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

Although it is full of great dialogue and interesting acting choices the film's wonky narrative will be frustrating for many viewers but I can TOTALLY seeing this becoming a cult classic in years to come.

19. Tiago Inácio's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

I love an hysterical loud brash and trashy pulp thriller just like anyone else. the problem here is that having hyper violent wackiness is not enough if there is not a slightly interesting story to tell. such is this case

20. saitosouta's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

I've heard Schrader's voice in this movie: F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!! I F**KING KILL YOU, F**K, S**TF**KF**KINGF**K, F**KF**KINGF**K, F**KF**KF**KF**KF**KINGF**K, S**TS**TS**TS**T F**K....F**KIN'...F**K, hah, hah....heh....F**K.....S**T, heh....heh........F**KF**KF**KINGF**K. SHHHHHHHaaaaah, hah......hah, hah, hah......heh, ah................hah...........F**K, hah, hah,hahh, F**KF**K...........JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

21. brick_bro's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

Fun performances from Cage and Dafoe, but hampered by its reliance on extreme violence to keep viewer attention.

22. J. O.'s rating of the film Dog Eat Dog

May have to give it another try, and make it all the way through. I really wanted it to be good, but in the end it was a low-energy, knockoff of what I expected it to be - which was smart, violent, and funny.

23. MarcusArcus's rating of the film Dog Eat Dog