1. Desjarlais's rating of the film Dogville

2. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Dogville

Dogville is such an interesting movie experiment. LvT envisioned this as a stage play who acts like a moving picture. The story presented is an intense thesis on bad human nature. For 3 long hrs this frightening illustration was developed in such a great manner by the director that at one point i was so frustrated by these events but the terrific ending relieved me. Everybody got what they deserved. 9.25/10.

3. Eilidh's rating of the film Dogville

Would've been perfect had the characters not been so irrational and I wasn't such a sucker for continuity within scenes. That said, this one's going to stick with me due to it being so thought-provoking, the minimalist scenery and the creative filmmaking surrounding that staging. This is either a modern masterpiece or LVT just really needs therapy.

4. Charlie Douglas-Hamilton's rating of the film Dogville

Floored! Have been meaning to watch this film for some time and it sure was wasted time. The structuring of the film gives it a wonderful momentum. The staging is brilliant, and succeeds at not being mere gimmick. Themes coalesce slowly throughout the film, and then all are left to be pieced into a portrait at the end, transitioning into a stunning credits sequence. Both necessarily beautiful and grim.

5. Gsus Lopez's rating of the film Dogville

Lars Von Trier is the philosophy teacher I never had.

6. Ella's rating of the film Dogville

Brilliant. This really resonated.

7. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Dogville

For as heavy-handed and unsubtle as this is, it might still be the best thing ever done by Von Trier. The cast all do great, the "gimmick" of the way the set is created feeds in brilliantly to the material, and it's just a fantastic fable of morality and power.

8. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Dogville

Excellent. Truly something I've never seen before. I feel absolutely depressed, but it's OK, because Dogville is art.

9. Stevie M's rating of the film Dogville

I don't know what I was expecting from this film... but I wasn't expecting that! A thought provoking philosophical play/film with a brilliant story/script and excellent performances from a stellar cast on an absolute bare-bones set. I'll take that over a CGI trash flick any day! I must add this to my collection.

10. aurkihnowe's rating of the film Dogville

Fascinating technical avant garde piece stewed in misanthropy...that ending ! (Ugh...)...

11. Diego Ruscitto's rating of the film Dogville

12. John's rating of the film Dogville

13. Robert H's rating of the film Dogville

The unique setup for this film worked so perfectly and I was blown away at how naturally some of the stage techniques become plot devices. The narrative is beautiful and deals with a mix of themes which again work brilliantly together - idealism and arrogance - to a wide number of important and well-cast characters. Kidman handles the evolution of her role beautifully and invokes a strong takeaway for the ending.

14. Inteleter's rating of the film Dogville

Wasn't sure what to expect from this but this ended up being quite good. The use of a minimalist set was interesting; made the film feel like a play. The film boasts a strong cast and they all deliver, with Nicole Kidman and Paul Bettany being the highlights, alongside John Hurt's narrator, which adds a Barry Lyndon-esque feel to this. Overall a very dark film about the human condition.

15. parnian janatimehr's rating of the film Dogville

16. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Dogville

I went in this expecting to hate it given I'm not a fan of the directors latter work but I came away surprisingly impressed by the theatre stage set up and unique camera shots. The use of lighting and sound should really be highlighted given a real sense of atmosphere over a minimum design. The real impact of the film is delivered with the final credits, photos of the reality and macabre of what you've witnessed.

17. lostlevel's rating of the film Dogville

The bizarre minimalist set draws attention to just how good some of the acting is.

18. Brian Trinh's rating of the film Dogville

this film is uncomfortable in a provocative way. there's so much to unpack here. nobody is off the hook. everybody is complicit in the evil that occurs. can redemption be found? what does this film reveal about the nature of those who live in Dogville? what does Dogville represent? the gangsters? references to capitalism, slavery, democracy, American empire, sexism, racism, scientific positivism, & a whole lot more

19. ceknklsn's rating of the film Dogville

62/100 (Filmde sevdiğim şeyler alışık olmadığım özellikler. Oyunculukları, filmin Dogma kamera yapısıyla çekilmiş olması, gerçek hayat gibi olan diyalogları, yine yenilikçi tiyatro mekanında geçmesi. Onun dışında hiçbir şeyi beğenmedim. Mesajını da çok sert ve acımasız buldum. Kasabadaki insanların hepsi istisnasız kötüdür, merhamet kötü bir şeydir gibi. Ayrıca filmde bir çok saçmalık mevcut.)

20. askapsaskis's rating of the film Dogville

Formally flawless film and convincing "illustration" of the idea that evil and self-interest (rather than kindness and generosity) are humanity's defining traits. Absolutely bleak and deeply upsetting. Cheery optimists will find little to connect with here, and I'm not sure I could recommend it to the depressed... My stance on his thesis is complicated and in flux, but this one is hitting me hard.

21. Daniela Cabrita's rating of the film Dogville

22. MisterColo93's rating of the film Dogville

23. meepy's rating of the film Dogville

I’ve never seen a film like this before. A running time of 2 hours and 50 minutes- all done in one almost non-existent location seemed astonishingly brilliant to me. Furthermore, Dogville’s themes on society, capitalism & democracy were so well communicated. The characters were both painfully nice & brutally unforgiving. Just like society can be.

24. sofiazelaya's rating of the film Dogville

no quería que me gustara pero puta, te luciste viejo cerdo