1. elainelaine.chen@gmail.com's rating of the film Dogville

LVT used the minimal to have said a great deal. Marvelous script and outstanding performance. Raw and bloody cold.

2. Elena's rating of the film Dogville

Human nature at its worst

3. DrFirestone's rating of the film Dogville

Incredible blend of a theatrical play and cinema. The way it's executed makes this an unforgettable experience; it starts innocent getting progressively dark as the events unfold, exploring our very nature: morality, justice, desire for power and control. It dares to expose the primal survival instinct underlying our very actions, no matter if you're a "good" citizen or a gangster. Brutally honest - what an ending!

4. kathmeep's rating of the film Dogville

I’ve never seen a film like this before. A running time of 2 hours and 50 minutes- all done in one almost non-existent location seemed astonishingly brilliant to me. Furthermore, Dogville’s themes on society, capitalism & democracy were so well communicated. The characters were both painfully nice & brutally unforgiving. Just like society can be. Definitely will go watch more of Lars Von Trier’s films.

5. Quattro's rating of the film Dogville

It would have been unforgettable just with the legendary mise-en-scène alone, but there's so much more to be found under the surface. Despite a couple of grotesque choices (Bill's invention, and what follows) the screenplay is so cynically human, so emotionally challenging. The inhabitants of Dogville, with all their tragic weaknesses and faults, are something both terrifying and universally relatable. Masterpiece.

6. alex's rating of the film Dogville

7. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Dogville

[More like 4.5] The movie structure of this motion picture is the set itself: everything happening in front of the viewer is happening in front of the people in that world as well. As many have stated, the bluntness of the movie can be unsettling - as much as it would be trying to understand the mind of those that impose suffering on others: they might make sense, but that sense might lack morale.

8. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film Dogville

Takes itself too seriously and doesn't work. Would work as a play, but not a very good one. Sadistic rubbish for the sake of sensationalism. Another rape victim film, without talking about the life-long consequences of being a rape victim. Makes me quite angry at the irresponsibility of it.

9. dagos@me.com's rating of the film Dogville

The film exposes the ugliness of our souls right at the end when we indulge in a orgasmic release of hatred that we didn't know we had. For this, it's worth every second of it.

10. james c teng's rating of the film Dogville

Really innovative filmmaking!

11. Dysproz's rating of the film Dogville

Von Trier's films make me sick! By it's cover it seems to be a great film with fresh idea. However, Von Trier tends to stuck in his general idea. I'm waiting an hour for some action and then I get another hour of the same film but realized differently. Maybe Von Trier should find a pal - Von Trier would come up with great enviroment/situation where he puts his characters and the pal would come up with action.

12. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Dogville

A conceit that could that could flatten lesser filmmakers working with lighter talent, shines something brilliantly here.

13. spasmolytic's rating of the film Dogville

Not his best, but it's better than the vast majority of films.

14. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Dogville

"Tell her you'll stop if she can hold back her tears."

15. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film Dogville

Great as theory, dull as execution.

16. Joana China's rating of the film Dogville

I think the world would be better without Dogville.

17. alchimia's rating of the film Dogville

I watched this movie last month in school. School.

18. Giacomo Pozzi's rating of the film Dogville

19. Amjack's rating of the film Dogville

at first i think.. i came to find i hate this movie, and then i've been thinking it for 2 days and i was like, why would i hate this movie? i know it's brilliant, and i know i love this, it's lars von trier i said. every actor plays their part amazingly. and of course that ending should be my reason why i hate or why i love this movie.

20. Tyler Wright's rating of the film Dogville

Lars Von Trier's finest work.

21. freskonthesfenks's rating of the film Dogville

Those techniques and criticism about humanbeings made me watch 170 minutes without a blink

22. Aprilia Gunawan's rating of the film Dogville

"Do the kids first and let the mother watch" SAVAGE

23. Andreea Serpe's rating of the film Dogville

24. tyb's rating of the film Dogville

A powerful movie about self-respect and the human capacity for evil. The empty set is not only visually interesting, but aids in constructing the oppressive world of the small town. It's long and at times hard to watch, but well worth it.