1. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Dolores Claiborne

I film di Hackford non riescono a coinvolgermi perchè ha un modo di girare che non mi piace: quando deve spingere crea tutte le premesse giuste ma poi non calca mai,e se questo lo fai su un adattamento di King il risultato non si eleva più di tanto. La storia è malsana e si percepisce bene,ma fà troppi svolazzi e anche gli attori sono tagliati con l accetta,fino ad un finale dilatato oltremodo. Rivedibile.

2. Adriano Rocha's rating of the film Dolores Claiborne

An excellent drama, based on a Stephen King novel. Carachters with a great dramatic charge, also very well interpreted by the cast, specially Kathy Bates. It is a trip to the memories of that past, investigating the ruins of the human soul.

3. ig_____or's rating of the film Dolores Claiborne

Haven't read the novel so my opinion is only based on what I've seen: terrific movie! Bates and Leigh both are excellent in their roles and Parfitt's Vera Donovan strikes me as one of the best "female power" symbols I've seen in movies... There's a mix of beautiful and horrific things: like a mother's love for her child and the sexual advances of the father. Dolores Claiborne is a sad woman but an honorable warrior!

4. De Lvis's rating of the film Dolores Claiborne

the most emotional film from my childhood

5. Conquest of Gaul's rating of the film Dolores Claiborne

Watching it as a child, watching it a few years later, and watching finally again now as an adult and continuous film lover...I have to say, that this film is a masterpiece, and Kathy Bates and Jennifer Jason Leigh are both talented geniuses

6. Addiena of Mubi land's rating of the film Dolores Claiborne

7. rorydean's rating of the film Dolores Claiborne

Hackford strikes deep turning King's solid best seller into a compelling, uneasy micro-study of depravity and dark pursuits; Bates and Jason Leigh are captivating, brutal, simmering in polar opposition. Strathairn is perhaps no better elsewhere, and Plummer's deceptively coy resolve cuts away the fat chunk by chunk, equaled only by Hackford's subtle, evasive direction to let things bubble, froth and enliven silence.

8. Bambang N Karim's rating of the film Dolores Claiborne

Taylor Hackford is one of my favorite director. He does not have profile in MUBI?

9. Tigrão's rating of the film Dolores Claiborne

10. a Smith's rating of the film Dolores Claiborne

I was just about to say, also, that I think this is the best/my favorite Stephen King adaptation. Sonja's final comment about it being real, or at least feeling very real, is also right on, in my opinion. Gilroy did a fine job of adapting the material, making it different--expanding the viewpoint--without diminishing the presence of the lead character. And all the actors inhabit their roles.

11. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film Dolores Claiborne

this is my favorite stephen king adaptation because of, honestly, david strathairn, who scared the shit out of me. this movie is way too real and that is what makes it great.