1. Thomas's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

Formulaic predictable nonsense.

2. Jessica Venturelli's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

3. Khristine's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

4. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

A terribly written, visually lush horror film.

5. msmichel's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

Basically for a horror film to work one must feel the dread/horror the characters feel or be scared by the creatures/trappings of the picture. In this film one feels no empathy with the characters and the creatures basically are no scarier than a large rat.l A disappointment all round really. Interesting to have Australia double for Rhode Island though. Nice to see Julia Blake long time since Cox's "Innocence".

6. Trevor Tillman's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

I haven't seen the original, but when I saw this in the theater I immediately knew what Del Toro's contribution to it was. Apparently the original had much more of a Rosemary's Baby/Suspicion vibe, but what I love about this update is that it's a horror movie seen through the eyes of a little girl whom no one believes. The endangered child protagonist gives it an extra bit of that fairy tale feeling that I love.

7. Caris O'Malley's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

I spend so much time watching schlock that a genuinely creepy movie always takes me by surprise. I kind of love Guillermo del Toro's unflinching takes on childish magic realism. This was a particularly good take on the tooth fairy mythos.

8. Tigrão's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

9. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

the best were the drawings & paintings... - zero suspense in this movie !

10. westsider's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

what a stupid f*cking movie. I want my 90 minutes back.

11. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

It's good but I wish Del Toro directed it instead of wrote it/produced it. The one thing that keeps it from being truly great is that it shows the creatures so fully that you lose the mystery that made Cat People, Jaws, and Alien so thrilling.

12. HKFanatic's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

The most depressing, rated-R kids' movie of all time. It's also probably the only one. Let's see: unsympathetic parents, plot holes a mile wide, a script full of missed opportunities (you have a dinner party and the monsters *don't* attack? Why don't we see what's down their hole?). The main character is a little girl who would make Trent Reznor seem sunny in comparison. All in all, this is one to avoid, folks.

13. Beefy's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

Under-developed with paper thing characters and an unlikable protagonist. And even worse, frequently boring. A misfire.

14. Dave D's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

Ai, Katie Holmes, torci muito por vc, sua linda! =)

15. Glim Ho's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

16. Agustin Alturria's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

The deal here is that the house is home of talking rats who eat teeth. That’s pretty much it.

17. Natanael's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

18. vladdytrout's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

It's not a good bad film nor a bad bad film...it is an all right kind of bad. I guess this movie is what one gets when one remakes a 1970s TV movie.

19. goeienag's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

I don't care about how technical or non-technical this movie was, it was really entertaining, especially in theatre with a bunch of people. IIt's like a modern day grindhouse film. And the creatures are scary enough to frighten a kid, that's for sure. Very fun. Funny at times, too.

20. Roobarb's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

I really wanted to love this film, Del Torro is one of my favourites. That being said, the film left much to be desired. Most of the best parts were shown in the television previews, the characters were nearly impossible to develop any sort of attachment to, and the 'creatures' would have been much more terrifying if we saw them less. I wouldn't recommend paying 10$ to see this in the cinema but rather wait and rent.

21. Fuzzbucket's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

I tried to like it, but it didn't do anything for me.

22. Ed Benn's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Nice old school horror feel where the tension is built up slowly and purposefully. The creatures are nicely creepy too.

23. Posterocalypse's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

There were quite a few moments that strained rationality, but then again this is a movie about evil fairy creatures that eat children's teeth. I had a ton of fun watching Don't Be Afraid of the Dark and would heartily recommend it to anyone who enjoys horror / creature films.

24. Hazel Cills's rating of the film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

I'm embarrassed for this movie. So bad in every way possible.