1. Sean Honey's rating of the film Don't Blink - Robert Frank

I remember the very first time I saw Robert Frank's images and was instantly disarmed. This was such an endearing portrait of the artist and I learned a lot about Frank. The Johnny Thunders song You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory really pushed me over the edge to take the time to rate this awesome little documentary.

2. Kwemo's rating of the film Don't Blink - Robert Frank

An interesting, frenetic doc about someone who I never knew about until now. Well made and acted as an extension of the man himself.

3. Loz Loory's rating of the film Don't Blink - Robert Frank

From the reviews, I expected not to enjoy this, but I found it rather sly and delightful. Though I only know of Frank through "The Americans" and his other photographic work, hearing and seeing him was a treat. Yes, his films are nowhere near achieving the consummate artistic status of his photographs, but that's okay. To hear how fame paralyzed his shooting by monetizing any print he made...that's fascinating.

4. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Don't Blink - Robert Frank

Great work about one of the the best photographers of the twentieth century. Good and light narrative, told in an original way.

5. ejonline's rating of the film Don't Blink - Robert Frank

He says early on that he hates being interviewed, and in the end he says that he is a visual guy rather than a verbal guy. However, the movie consists of him talking about things and over images for nearly an hour and a half, and it had made it hard for me to feel engaged. Perhaps if I hadn't learned a thing or two that I didn't already know I would have given it a lower rating. In the end, I didn't see the point.

6. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Don't Blink - Robert Frank

Great artist, mediocre documentary.

7. Nina Kotyantz's rating of the film Don't Blink - Robert Frank

Great documentary about a great man! Thank you for this.

8. YellowDog's rating of the film Don't Blink - Robert Frank

This is a really interesting documentary— cobbled together, mixed and scatter shot in such a way as to mirror what it (may) be like to see through the creating eyes of Robert Frank. Lots of interesting people, places and happenings pop up. Hard not to recommend. While there is no linear plot it seems this movie is better off for it.

9. Lydia.H's rating of the film Don't Blink - Robert Frank

Don’t Blink gives an interesting point of view of what it is like to be a photographer. It is done in an almost documentary way but yet there is more action than a typical documentary. Robert Frank give the audience an idea of how photography has changed and the responses he received. The screen switches between black and white and color which as a unique method of picture but it worked.

10. chaospress's rating of the film Don't Blink - Robert Frank

Great to see the life and personality of an artist whose photographs I've studied and enjoyed for many years. Now I'm really curious to take a look at some of his films.

11. Walker's rating of the film Don't Blink - Robert Frank

A freewheeling and engaging documentary on the great Robert Frank. Inspiring.

12. bodhishin's rating of the film Don't Blink - Robert Frank

The film is disjointed as his life and career. But I love his photos and visual-dropping of poets, artists, writers, and musicians throughout his nostalgic B&W career. It also has an unexpectedly cool soundtrack. It's frankly Frank.

13. Monkey Flix's rating of the film Don't Blink - Robert Frank

A documentary about legendary photographer Robert Frank. I was unaware that Frank spent much of his life making movies. Unfortunately, 80% of this film is about that part of his life. Those movies, and the corresponding parts of this film, are bad and not worth watching. The movie only comes alive when it shows his iconic photographs.

14. Eliza Lupu's rating of the film Don't Blink - Robert Frank

"It's better to do something than to do nothing"

15. Iulia Antonache's rating of the film Don't Blink - Robert Frank

Be curious. Stand up. Keep your eyes open. Don't blink.

16. Jason's rating of the film Don't Blink - Robert Frank

Formally unkempt. Thank God. It's not another one of these utterly predictable and formally DOA career-summation docs. It is a portrait, not a summation, somewhat atemporal in its engagement w/ Frank's life and career (certainly not beholden to leaden linearity), and determined to capture peripheral moments that say a great deal, not at all obviously. Getting Hal Wilner to organize the music was pretty goddamn wise.