1. Matt Richards's rating of the film Don't Breathe

Starts out very familiar, almost skipping across the required set-up and gradually builds on a great premise ratcheting up the dread with technical bravado. Stephen Lang and Jane Levy glue it all together with fantastic presence however by the end we feel like it's flipping the power for the sake of it. 3 stars

2. f-nanda's rating of the film Don't Breathe

Some nice ideas but it didn't made me breathless.

3. classicallycara's rating of the film Don't Breathe

Visually stunning, very well acted... unfortunately I found it to be very predictable & more interested in focusing on shock, violence and tropes rather than fleshing out an actual story.

4. spasmolytic's rating of the film Don't Breathe

Decent horror. Not big on scares, but has an incredible tension that once it starts just keeps building. That takes skill. And although I still much prefer Mia Wasikowska the actress here is freaking bangin. Otherwise I'd would've probably had to go with 2 stars. I have no need to see this ever again.

5. thmslhr's rating of the film Don't Breathe

Would have been better as a 90 minute suspense piece, without the subplots. A cat and mouse game between teenage burglars and a blind old veteran, and just that, would have been interesting/entertaining enough. On a spoilery side note: The opening shot doesn't add to the suspension, which I'm assuming is what they where going for. It just spoils the ending.

6. malachiesipucheala94's rating of the film Don't Breathe

7. nadnab's rating of the film Don't Breathe

8. Pavel Dumitrescu's rating of the film Don't Breathe

9. PeterK94's rating of the film Don't Breathe

The sheer amount of plot conveniences made me zone out from about the halfway point.

10. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Don't Breathe

11. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Don't Breathe

12. Levent Güçer's rating of the film Don't Breathe

13. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Don't Breathe

Relentless, tension-filled thriller

14. Adam's rating of the film Don't Breathe

Glossy but average and uninspired at it's core.

15. Levi Miah's rating of the film Don't Breathe

This film felt like 3h squished into 1h23 - the beats were relentless & perfectly well paced, making it feel non-stop. Levy is quite possibly the most underrated gem of modern cinema, showing incredible multi-dimensional range in a flawed & not entirely sympathetic character. As with his Evil Dead, Alvarez continues to have a brilliant command of sound and visuals, but he excels with an original script.

16. Rininta Irientantya's rating of the film Don't Breathe

17. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Don't Breathe

Doesn't overdo the initial melodrama: setting up a durable pathos inside its conflict in just 13 minutes. It then creates suspenseful setpieces in dark-humored fashion, with moments of attack-releasing quiet, and never forgets to tease clever details. Some twists make its narrative too looney-tunes, but Hollywood horror has been usurped by the indie filmmakers, yet this shows the mainstream still has tick-tock.

18. Fabiha's rating of the film Don't Breathe

"Only 'cause he's blind doesn't mean he's a saint."

19. Eugenia Barr's rating of the film Don't Breathe

At first I thought it was another predictable movie tough well executed and therefore enjoyable. Then that plot twist surprised me. I liked it very much.

20. Ricky Robertson Jr.'s rating of the film Don't Breathe

An original concept featuring some exceptionally creative and technically complex action sequences. However, due to a cast of characters that leaves you wondering who you're rooting for and an ending that lacks punch, this is one better remembered for its few standout moments than its overall strength and lasting impact. Still, its strongest sequences, like the dog in the car, are examples of pure horror brilliance.

21. alchimia's rating of the film Don't Breathe

I surely didn't breathe.

22. Emile Tremblay's rating of the film Don't Breathe

23. sebekk's rating of the film Don't Breathe

Crime does not pay ... most of the time.

24. atartinia's rating of the film Don't Breathe