1. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Don't Look Back

Dylan insisted this wasn't the whole story, and he's right—for that, see No Direction Home. But it's one of the great rock movies just by dropping the camera into a media frenzy, where a brilliant (and thus arrogant) 24 year old songwriter could be turned into a prophet, cash cow, tabloid celebrity, and detached rock star brat. All the contradictions are on display of an era where such faith was placed in pop music.

2. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Don't Look Back

My favourite documentary. Maybe a boringly predictable choice but I don't care. I've heard filmmakers talk about how you don't have to do cinéma vérité but this movie shows you why your documentary have to be in the style of cinéma vérité.

3. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Don't Look Back

A little bit too much assholery.

4. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Don't Look Back

5. Elle Johnston's rating of the film Don't Look Back

Bob Dylan is one of my favourite artists of all time and much the same as the Beatles documentary, it's so interesting to see behind the scenes in a time when I wasn't alive. Dylan comes across like a giant asshat in this documentary, but I still love him all the same.

6. SpacePirate's rating of the film Don't Look Back

One of the better music docs. Up there with the one on Fugazi

7. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Don't Look Back

The artist as a young man. In this, Dylan is shown through a warts and all filter, letting us see the true brilliance of a poet and a musical genius, as well as an arrogant, frankly sometimes assholey young adult, so sure of himself and yet claiming not to know. It’s a fascinating doc that snapshots a time, place, and icon in his prime, painting a grainy black and white image of an era and it’s defining artist.

8. Jason's rating of the film Don't Look Back

Don't Look Back remains, incontrovertibly, a vital document of its time - the exporting of American culture somewhere between the time of Leave It to Beaver and the time of Charles Manson. An innocent time, but only so innocent. It seems odd to be watching something so enthusiastically analogue on a fancy Criterion Blu-ray. Like many geniuses, young Bob Dylan was an idiot in addition to being a genius.

9. HSBilly's rating of the film Don't Look Back

10. rachel collier's rating of the film Don't Look Back

11. etilen's rating of the film Don't Look Back

Give the anarchist a cigarette.

12. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Don't Look Back

Dylan is an actor without trying to be an actor

13. Ray Kril's rating of the film Don't Look Back

We have to be happy this film was made and we can watch today .. an amazing document of an artist .. I still show to students today and am amazed at their reactions.. greta camera and editing.

14. El Biffo's rating of the film Don't Look Back

A Pennebaker classic. must-see for Dylan fans.

15. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Don't Look Back

Un documental que se valora por el ícono musical, un personaje complejo, contradictorio, hermético. Es la personalidad sincera que incluso contrastaría con la que un público ha imaginado en este.

16. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Don't Look Back

Truly fascinating. A documentary that without being obvious paints a truly compelling portrait about the biggest troubadour of our time. Dylan uses contradictions to see through people's bullshit. Because it's not about them and what they want. It's about the music, the poetry, and what it can do for us.

17. gaffordKINO's rating of the film Don't Look Back

In some ways, DONT LOOK BACK is like direct cinema's mantra. The first scene in which Dylan interacts with the reporters is deliberately comical (both in the documentary performance of Dylan and Pennebaker's editing) and Dylan's interview with Time is a direct fist to the face of mainstream, fact-based, non-experiential journalism.

18. Mandy Bernard's rating of the film Don't Look Back

There's a million thousand billion -- there's so many persons outside!

19. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Don't Look Back

give the anarchist a cigarette

20. Donald R. Monroe's rating of the film Don't Look Back

"God, I feel like I've been through some sort of... thing, man."

21. f-nanda's rating of the film Don't Look Back

I HATE Bob Dylan but I love his music. Gr!

22. britney spears's rating of the film Don't Look Back

"It was documented from his personal point of view. The movie was dishonest, it was a propaganda movie. I don't think it was accurate at all in terms of showing my formative years. It showed only one side. He made it seem like I wasn't doing anything but living in hotel rooms, playing the typewriter and holding press conferences for journalists." - Bob Dylan

23. Dylan Lauzon's rating of the film Don't Look Back