1. bad recommendations's rating of the film Donkey Skin

R.I.P. Donkey that sharts gold. Wow! Those dresses! *_* Really impressed that the tailor managed to create an animated dress that is the colour of the weather!

2. Aaken's rating of the film Donkey Skin

Jacques Demy found the perfect ingredients to bring a fairy tale to the big screen. Imagination and irony being the key. Add Michel Legrand's unique music, Deneuve's grace and beauty, Seyrig and Marais and the recipe is complete for a timeless retelling.

3. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Donkey Skin

4. empathymachine's rating of the film Donkey Skin

absolutely gorgeous, though in retrospect i don't remember much of it. delphine seyrig is such a legend.

5. Sanna Hajnos's rating of the film Donkey Skin

Oh my the cat throne! If I'll ever hire an interior decorator, I'll demand they see this film! Pure creative overload.

6. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Donkey Skin

A fairy tale of the type that Disney would have loved to tell had it not involved animal skinning and a hint of incest. Lovely decor, costumes and set design add to the flavor and the timelessness of it all that manage to end the spell with a helicopter landing. Eccentric fantasy musical of the unique kind.

7. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Donkey Skin

A playful adaptation of a french fairly tale with a bit of a modern twist. I never knew of this story before watching this, and might I say, what a strange tale it is. What was the moral? Did it have one? Haven't got a clue. Still enjoyed it though, the strikingly colorful aesthetic and enthralling music kept it interesting throughout. Some of the more surrealist looking scenes I found thoroughly enjoyable as well.

8. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Donkey Skin

A wonderful way to tell this fairy tale... and the campy set design is great...

9. amandav's rating of the film Donkey Skin

fairytale + freud on a twisted, dark n funny ecstasy trip

10. EdieEmm's rating of the film Donkey Skin

A film all at once bewitching & surrealist, innocent & eccentric, rakishly charming & unflinchingly sophisticated. If I'm gonna be swept off my feet, let it be by Demy! Pulls off subverting both the moralistic conservatism of the fairy tale and the seriousness of the 'art film'. Check out: 1) This hilarious attempt at recreating Cake D'Amour http://bit.ly/2xusuKy; 2) The wacky prog-rock poster art.

11. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Donkey Skin

Oh my, what a way to tell a princess story. Demy's crafty tale brings such visual delight that's impossible not to miss this kind of cinema maker: it almost makes you hate CGI-fetish from contemporary fables - the kind that pukes and explodes things right at your face. The costumes, the scenario, the art design - it immediately teleports you into fantasy. Beautiful work and beautiful world.

12. FISCHER's rating of the film Donkey Skin

Sans démériter, Demy n'arrive jamais à la féerie souhaitée... www.cinefiches.com

13. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Donkey Skin

One of the few films that manages to make up for a lack of substance with a beautiful packaging.

14. kartina obskura's rating of the film Donkey Skin

15. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Donkey Skin

Rewatched and re-loved. TOP film, a brilliant, intelligent and ironic adaptation of the literary fairytale by Charles Perrault. There's nothing more visually beautiful than Peau d'âne, each frame is perfect and full of detail and colour, I'm in love again but at the same time it's terrible for me to see a donkey skin, even if it is faux.

16. Hati Le's rating of the film Donkey Skin

The fairy godmother is such a bitch, i love her!

17. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film Donkey Skin

To watch the princess, draped in a donkey skin, bounding through exquisite fantasy scenes in slow-motion is an experience of wonderful haunted beauty.

18. fmuliant's rating of the film Donkey Skin

Fantastic visuals, very weird movie. Even weirder during the last scene where the helicopter came. Nonetheless nothing like it I've seen before.

19. unrealhumanbeing's rating of the film Donkey Skin

so fabulous costume and very sense of humor

20. Bekriah M's rating of the film Donkey Skin

21. C's rating of the film Donkey Skin

(of all the fairy tales in all the land it had to be this one though?)

22. Tatami's rating of the film Donkey Skin

Pretty colours, oh and pretty colours

23. Adèle Vivet's rating of the film Donkey Skin

Mon enfance restera toujours marqué par cette esthétique parfaitement maîtrisée. À voir et à revoir, en se laissant séduire par la mièvrerie assumée de l'interprétation de Demy.

24. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Donkey Skin

This was so sweet- Jacques Demy <3!

← Previous 1 3 4