1. The Tsundokuist's rating of the film Donnie Darko

An infinite number of monkeys on an infinite number of typewriters couldn't explain away the plot holes in this movie but nobody plays "spooky weirdo" like Jake Gyllenhaal (see also "Nightcrawler").

2. Ramzi's rating of the film Donnie Darko

3. marxsbeard's rating of the film Donnie Darko

i love the dreamy ambiguity of the original here but it's been somewhat spoiled by having seen the way too explainy (and theoretically undernourished) directors cut. despite the decade and a bit of relentless nostalgia that followed, this has aged rather well, subtly cast and no pointy pointy look 80s referencing. but like i said, sometimes less is more.

4. Jason Moore's rating of the film Donnie Darko

There's an eeriness to this classic that keeps me coming back. The soundscape intertwined with surreal images of Frank and Donnie intrigue me. The time travel gets lost on me, though I love the Back To The Future mention. The chemistry between the Gylenhaal sibs is the right mixture of a '80's John Hughes-like feel with tender sentimentality that is refreshing. Need to watch this many more times!

5. Rob Horsfall's rating of the film Donnie Darko

Watched this quite a few times and never seems to get old. Jake thingy is brilliant as is the rest of the cast.

6. SiIencio's rating of the film Donnie Darko

No doubting the credentials for its teen cult status, this film feels more like a lucky fluke, a strange concoction of seemingly positive features that hide a vast vaccum, a bizarre conundrum. It works well when you buy the idea that something profoundly metaphysical is taking place through a clever twist of mundane reality, exposing some cosmic truth, however this never really happened, no rabbit was ever there.

7. McOpinionated's rating of the film Donnie Darko

Too confusing the first time around, and later when re-watching it somehow loses some of the emotional punch, because Donnie becomes more and more of an annoying sociopath. And, while it has some sort of circular, self-referential completeness when you don’t think about it… as soon as you do… the conceit either falls apart or it feels uncomfortable.

8. Piero Reynolds's rating of the film Donnie Darko

Highly innovative and must surely be based on the psychopathology of schizophrenia. Not the sort of film you forget in a hurry.

9. Shane Ewen's rating of the film Donnie Darko

The entertaining hallucinations of a schizophrenic teenager. Good Pomo film with a fabulous soundtrack, including two Tears for Fears tracks.

10. Hollywood Overdose's rating of the film Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko resembles Stranger Things in its atmosphere and mystery. It's brilliant how simple you want to make something you cannot perveive without the perplexity of the dream or the dissociative mind. His power is targeted, his ability is crafted and his misterious is understandable. The way a schizophrenic fulfills its own projections is the same way we're scrambled in this riddle.

11. mirklete's rating of the film Donnie Darko

A load of old nonsense, but Jake Gyllenhaal is very watchable, and there is some great support. Had to read the film's wikipedia entry to understand some of the plot (some weird editing towards the end), and the reveal is just tedious. Loved the 80s music though, and that rabbit is pretty scary ...

12. Annette Holbourne's rating of the film Donnie Darko

Why is Donnie Darko so good? It's entirely soundtracked and it turns out Frank's not just a figment of Donnie's imagination

13. SpursSince67c's rating of the film Donnie Darko

Watched this recently in London, a restored and cleaned up version, having seen it probably 5 maybe 6 times already...magnificent movie, will never tire of watching it...

14. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film Donnie Darko

15. stuartdj's rating of the film Donnie Darko

I absolutely love this film. For me, it deals in alternate realities that turn on one thing (amongst other things). It was also released in the same year that I got very bored, went for a drink and met my partner. They made me do it too...

16. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Donnie Darko

The tale of a young man with serious mental health issues? The tale of a young man figuring out the intricacies of time travel? A superhero story? Richard Kelly's impressive debut feature is all of these things, and more. Jake Gyllenhaal may be the lead, but it would be remiss to not point out the absolutely sterling support, especially from Jena Malone, Katharine Ross, and Mary McDonnell.

17. steven's rating of the film Donnie Darko

Love this movie, must have watched it around 10 times but never get bored of it, still makes my head spin now!

18. ZiggySan's rating of the film Donnie Darko

The acting, cinematography, and soundtrack make this movie a joy to watch. The story? Meh.

19. forever 219 por vida's rating of the film Donnie Darko

the fool who wrote this is G cuz to strive 4 an ideal (in this case, echo bunnymen/halloween party steeze) and it works, is like saying "ima write a song that sounds like EarthAngel" in 2017,and writing AngelBaby.but fuk all of that. first kiss with my ride or die eternal soul was during this movie in highschool (how of the spirit), so that means its in that light and beauty forever & ever so i love it forever & ever

20. Vlad Popescu's rating of the film Donnie Darko

21. m00njaguar's rating of the film Donnie Darko

22. Ka potem Es's rating of the film Donnie Darko

23. bonucci's rating of the film Donnie Darko

24. edpwilson's rating of the film Donnie Darko

I wish I had seen this movie as a teenager. No idea how it slipped past. But it would've been the best film ever if I had watched it at 17, simply because I saw so much of my old angsty-teenage self in Donnie and his frustrations. Watching it now, I still appreciate it, especially the music and the scenes with Frank. If only you could send a film back in time to remind yourself that you're not alone in what you feel.