1. Vlad Popescu's rating of the film Donnie Darko

2. m00njaguar's rating of the film Donnie Darko

3. Ka potem Es's rating of the film Donnie Darko

4. spasmolytic's rating of the film Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko is a film that aspires to be a goth/arthouse/Lynch film, and is adored by preps, jocks and clueless hipsters who go to film school. They can't get off on Lynch, and think that he's just pretending to be deep, but this film really resonates with them for some strange reason.

5. bonucci's rating of the film Donnie Darko

6. edpwilson's rating of the film Donnie Darko

I wish I had seen this movie as a teenager. No idea how it slipped past. But it would've been the best film ever if I had watched it at 17, simply because I saw so much of my old angsty-teenage self in Donnie and his frustrations. Watching it now, I still appreciate it, especially the music and the scenes with Frank. If only you could send a film back in time to remind yourself that you're not alone in what you feel.

7. Polish Slug's rating of the film Donnie Darko

I really didn't get it at first. Since then, I've watched this movie about 7 times and still don't get the end... Anyways, it's cool.

8. kiptok's rating of the film Donnie Darko

watched this like 30 times inside & out when i was his age and someday i'll see it again

9. Doe Deer's rating of the film Donnie Darko

raise your hand if you're still theorizing and parallel universes

10. Ethan's rating of the film Donnie Darko

I really don't see what's so great about this movie aside from the soundtrack.

11. leopoldpape's rating of the film Donnie Darko

12. stopyunn's rating of the film Donnie Darko

Come back to me, my teenage days!! I like this movie just the way I like MCR's Helena. aahhahaha

13. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film Donnie Darko

Didn't rate the Director's Cut at all. The theatrical cut does it for me.

14. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Donnie Darko

So contagiously heartfelt and ambitious...but so silly and scattershot.

15. Freakyfilm's rating of the film Donnie Darko

Like the FUCKING greatest film ever made #8timesstillcounting

16. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Donnie Darko

+1 star if you watch it as a teenager since it perfectly captures the mindset of the alienated adolescent (or, at least, it certainly felt like that to me when I first watched it at 16!) A hard film not to like. It really shouldn't work, but it does - mostly courtesy of the brilliant score! "I'M NOT AFRAID ANYMORE!"

17. barış uçar's rating of the film Donnie Darko

18. Fabiha's rating of the film Donnie Darko

"If the sky were to suddenly open up, there would be no law, there would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories."

19. msmichel's rating of the film Donnie Darko

Richard Kelly's debut was a failure on release that was rightly discovered by the home viewing market and established it as a cult classic and influence. The scripting was excellent and actually improves with re-watching. Casting was exceptional with many of its young performers previewing the work to come. The film's Mobius strip style framework is quite brilliant with its mix of time travel and teen angst.

20. PenteDois's rating of the film Donnie Darko

Not even half as smart as it thinks it is, but still pretty good.

21. Ross's rating of the film Donnie Darko

Funny, moving and somewhat strange storyline that leaves you searching for some explanation

22. MistaRichard's rating of the film Donnie Darko

23. arcondicionado's rating of the film Donnie Darko

24. ionosonde's rating of the film Donnie Darko

made the conscious decision before viewing to not judge the edgy parts. with that in mind, it's a lot of fun and makes me feel like a teenager again. i love the opening shots.