1. wiwitaek's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

Way too fast. Can't keep up with it

2. yasdnil's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

Good slapstick for someone unfamiliar with Allen's works. A missed opportunity to poke some good fun at politic for those who expect more from him.

3. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

4. Ezra Winton's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

A great opportunity for political satire squandered. Poor writing, forced performances and some bad casting decisions. Oh yeah, and the racist stereotypes. Grating and unwatchable after 35'.

5. correy baldwin's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

Occasional chuckles, mostly when the rest of the cast channels Woody Allen's neuroses. What a missed opportunity for some commentary on the similar neuroses of global politics. Rather harmless entertainment, until the racism comes clobbering in.

6. msmichel's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

Allen revisited a sixties play he wrote in this television adaptation that plays dated and so very shrill. The main problem other than it being hopelessly out of date is the fact that it is just not funny. Production qualities are fine but the scripting and shrillness in performance sink it pretty quickly. Pretty awful compared to the filmography mind you its still better than 'Anything Else'.

7. Dogville59's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

This movie was so funny. I really enjoyed it.

8. Buddy Love's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

I never thought Allen could be this pathetic. Rapid fire dialogue with not enough time between lines to truly realize how terrible this is. The actors playing the foriegn consulate were up to the standard set with the casting of Dom Deluise.

9. Freude's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

"And that's why the lady is a tramp"

10. Dennis Morgan's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

A charming farce that is worth watching! I would have loved to have seen this on stage.

11. Cichlisuite's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

1.5 Deservedly overlooked in my view. In the first five minutes it's pretty terrible: jarring voiceover, awful camera work and Michael J Fox reworking his Growing Pains role. It feels like an amateur student production. Then Woody appears and he's slightly funny, even if he overdoes it. But having to listen to the voice of Marge Simpson? No thank you. The acting for the Soviet roles is just embarrassing. Avoid.

12. reeves's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

13. raggiodisole's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

OK. Could have done with a few more laughs, mind.

14. Ben Mullins's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

I know Allen is known for making films on a Sine curve of quality, but I was truly surprised just how low a trough on that curve can become. The slapstick comedy applied in the film seems ill defined and obtuse. I would only bother watching if you feel the need to see everything Allen has produced.

15. michael.p.ellis@ntlworld.com's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

Found this Woody Allen film to languish to fully in the realm of slap-stick and farce for my liking.

16. Ben Dooley's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

An enjoyable comedy with a few brilliant jokes. It's a screwball comedy, very much influenced by films of the classical Hollywood greats, particularly Billy Wilder (e.g. One, Two, Three). It's quite light without any real ideas - boringly shot, no subtlety about the cold war, quite predictable and also at times a little racist in its stereotypes of arabs etc. But anyway has a good pace and is on the whole fun :)

17. Nathan's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

Woody Allen is one of my favourite directors, but I wouldn't recommend this. It has its moments, but it's mostly just dated borscht belt humour. My three star rating may well be generous. For Allen completists only.

18. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

19. Angel's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

Great woody allen film! Absolutely hysterical.

20. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

Filed under "not one of Woody's best",no doubt worked better as a play. With dialogue so fast,one could miss some funny lines but there are enough to recommend this made for TV film.

21. Hani's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

22. StellaWasaDiver's rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

There was SO much dialogue...I don't think ten seconds went by without somebody talking (until the credits), and that's not enough silence (and I know it was originally a play). The acting was okay all around, couple good jokes, but it felt like Fox was just another "Woody Allen" character, the way he moved and delivered his lines, lines suited best for Allen.

23. r.s.'s rating of the film Don't Drink the Water

Uno dei film piĆ¹ divertenti, mai doppiato e distribuito in italia, assurdo!