1. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

I wasn't so much thrilled by 'We Can't Go Home Again' but rather by this documentary. Strongly recommended.

2. dreamseed's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

Seems like Hollywood was the Sphinx and Ray did not heed its advice...An artist who grew younger with the ageing of America, painful and exhilarating to watch...

3. Appskosam's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

Apt title “ Don’t except too much “ about this documentary.It’s more about unnecessary personnel stuff than his abilities and talents. That’s precisely the problem with American moviesZ. Less stuff and more talk.

4. DrFirestone's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

Wonderfully honest and intimate tribute to Nicholas Ray. While watching it, I felt this actually could be a prologue to "We Can't Go Home Again" - the purest form of experimental film-making. This document explains what really happened behind the scenes of the "final" product, which is one of the most genuine statements of its time, the 1960s and early 70s.

5. Mia's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

Moving for me as a struggling filmmaker. Everyone talks about the importance of not being afraid do fail. This film perfectly exemplifies a very successful failure.

6. Pedro's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

7. yaxpac's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

Aunque todo salga mal debes seguir persiguiendo tu meta, esa es la forma para convertirte en un artista.

8. Photosynthesis's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

9. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

It's not that charming, but definitely Nicholas is.

10. Addy K.'s rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

Any film titled DON'T EXPECT TOO MUCH is either hedging its bets or inviting trouble. Susan Ray, wife of deceased genius filmmaker Nicholas Ray, is herself not much of a filmmaker—there's a rudimentary quality to the interviews (evidently shot on green screen) and bombastic soundtrack music. But as a portrait of Ray, affectionately described by Walter Murch as "hobo": it's savage. Watch Nick Ray stripped bare.

11. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

I'm glad I watched this directly after seeing "We Can't Go Home Again." It didn't make me like Ray's "student film" anymore but the testimonials make it clearer how probably only now do the students realize how much of an impact Ray had on them and how lucky they were to experience his stressing "process over product."

12. Ray Kril's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

Certainly important for any Ray fans .. of which I am one.. some flaws but a meaningful contribution to a great directors work

13. Stevie's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

A touching tribute to her husband's considerable talents and an excellent insight into the film-making process.

14. Matt Parks's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

"We use the instrumental to make the music; we do not use the music to show of the instrument."

15. Neil Bahadur's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

Suprised at how much I liked this. The first half is essential viewing for any amateur filmmakers or film students.