1. Photosynthesis's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

2. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

It's not that charming, but definitely Nicholas is.

3. Addy K.'s rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

Any film titled DON'T EXPECT TOO MUCH is either hedging its bets or inviting trouble. Susan Ray, wife of deceased genius filmmaker Nicholas Ray, is herself not much of a filmmaker—there's a rudimentary quality to the interviews (evidently shot on green screen) and shoving use of soundtrack music. But as a portrait of Ray (affectionately described by Walter Murch as "hobo"), it's savage. Watch Nick Ray stripped bare.

4. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

I'm glad I watched this directly after seeing "We Can't Go Home Again." It didn't make me like Ray's "student film" anymore but the testimonials make it clearer how probably only now do the students realize how much of an impact Ray had on them and how lucky they were to experience his stressing "process over product."

5. Ray Kril's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

Certainly important for any Ray fans .. of which I am one.. some flaws but a meaningful contribution to a great directors work

6. Stevie's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

A touching tribute to her husband's considerable talents and an excellent insight into the film-making process.

7. Matt Parks's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

"We use the instrumental to make the music; we do not use the music to show of the instrument."

8. Neil Bahadur's rating of the film Don't Expect Too Much

Suprised at how much I liked this. The first half is essential viewing for any amateur filmmakers or film students.