1. mlstrx's rating of the film Don't Go Breaking My Heart

2. _OOO_'s rating of the film Don't Go Breaking My Heart

3. Eugene Kotlyarenko's rating of the film Don't Go Breaking My Heart

epic tale inadvertently exposing love in the age of capitalist transformation

4. Polyglot's rating of the film Don't Go Breaking My Heart

Better than most American romantic comedies I've avoided to watch.

5. Lucas Granero's rating of the film Don't Go Breaking My Heart

Triángulo de amor bizarro: todo lo que se supone que debe suceder en una comedia romántica sucede, pero exacerbado a la máxima potencia. Tal es la maestría de To, quien aquí explota la fibra mas inventiva de aquel genero situando a sus personajes en medio de una fiebre urbana de capitalismo salvaje, donde hasta incluso el amor parece estar a la venta. Lubistch, Sturges y todo los demas pueden descansar tranquilos.

6. M Klein's rating of the film Don't Go Breaking My Heart

Alas, poor froggie. Modern romance conducted with post-it notes and a reptile. Genuinely funny and charming - who cares which one she ends up with.

7. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film Don't Go Breaking My Heart

This, more than any of our other Hollywood "romance" films, IS a romance film, frog warts and all. Is it so cartoonish that it's bad or is it so bad that it's cartoonish? Whatever; mixed. Such high highs. Such low lows. To never finds a middle ground on this one.

8. Gondo's rating of the film Don't Go Breaking My Heart

It's all about the image(s). The image of a woman transformed in the night, projected as a shadow onto a billboard that will inspire an architect to find his spirit again. The image of a woman separated from the man by two glass windows, an image that will give the man hope in times of despair. It's all about the images. Images that only a Johnnie To can construct.

9. Jake Cole's rating of the film Don't Go Breaking My Heart

Romcom love triangle as free-market competition. The heart wants what it wants, but that doesn't mean it won't comparison shop for the best price. The glass world that turns love into yet more window shopping also boxes in the narrative from perhaps achieving its full potential, but if it is self-negating per DK, the deflated ending also implies unsettling things about the genre taken further in ROMANCING IN THIN AIR

10. Truman Galapagos's rating of the film Don't Go Breaking My Heart

This movie would be great if it was a satirical view of modern China, but sadly it's not and what you get is a big advertisement of luxury items. Those rings are truly beautiful, just by looking at them you are moved to tears, because you know they are the sign of True Love. Disgusting.

11. xrystyna's rating of the film Don't Go Breaking My Heart

sooo bad... i couldn't belive my eyes and the only thing that kept me watching was some hope for twist that'll explain it all and make up for my suffering. but it never happned. total waist of time...

12. naive3's rating of the film Don't Go Breaking My Heart

This was nice... I liked the plot & ending!