1. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

2. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

This film is at its heart a father/daughter story, more than a story about assisted suicide. Very good performances by Servillo and Rohrwacher as the father and the daughter. Even though Huppert is in most of the promotional images (such as the MUBI cover photo), her character is not as central to the plot. The film muddles through some of the subplots, however, and the main plot loses some of its power as a result.

3. Nan Bauer's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

Enjoyed discovering Bellocchio. I loved all the different perspectives and the mysteries and loose ends in this one. Fine acting, gorgeous shooting, excellent pacing.

4. Loz Loory's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

4.5 I wish they could make a movie in America like this, and on the same subject matter. 5 stories that beautifully illustrate the grey area in matters of life, death, and family responsibility. No easy answers. No clear-cut "moral correctness." Only humans dealing with their individual situations in individual ways.

5. caitlin.f's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

acting was fantastic but it was so slow at times it couldn't fully keep my attention.

6. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

I must confess that I found Bellocchio's film so irritating that I quit after 20 minutes. I experienced a total critical meltdown.

7. David R Williams's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

8. muse_x's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

torpor & sublimated passions

9. Blueangel33's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

Huppert is always perfection but was wasted here. Some wonderful shots throughout but overall the narrative was disjunct. The weight of issue such as euthanasia did not move me in this film - maybe the distance between life and death was too much to confront.

10. Armando's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

One of Bellocchio's best films. This is close to a masterpiece.

11. whitney's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

was a decent movie, was a little slow sometimes though

12. Honeychurch's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

Love the cast. Hated the film.

13. matelot's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

14. Mister No's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

15. Jack Hoehn's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

there are some great moments and performances here, but somehow it never coalesces

16. rkpatani's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

17. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

Unstable and unemotional, "Dormant Beauty" counts with good performances but doesn't add anything relevant to the matter in question. Full Review and Rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/02/dormant-beauty-2012.html

18. Giuseppe Sorrentino's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

Frankly, I don't think it's among the best things Bellocchio has done. I find all the stories somewhat banal and stretched.

19. oldeuboi's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

seems like a complex tale of morality. The truth is, it's a simple story about love. In many forms.

20. Sancar Seckiner's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

Different aspects of Italian fall.

21. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Dormant Beauty

I was lucky enough to see this twice in the theaters. Each time it left me fulled with so many thoughts about life, death, and relationships. For those thoughts provoked (and the director's skill) it gets 5 stars.

22. CiDiE's rating of the film Dormant Beauty