1. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Double Indemnity

Inventando il noir. Film a dir poco paradigmatico

2. Not A Sexy Vampire's rating of the film Double Indemnity

A fine example of film noir, a genre I'm woefully unfamiliar with. Really enjoyed the performances of MacMurray, Stanwyck and especially Robinson (who comes across very Poirot-esque). Stunning lighting, costumes and music but I found myself at a strange distance. Maybe it's the dialogue or the bitter cynicism, but something kept me apart and I'm not sure why.

3. Cartaphilus's rating of the film Double Indemnity

Rewatched for X time on December 24

4. captainfez's rating of the film Double Indemnity

I was unaware insurance could be so exciting.

5. musidora ducasse's rating of the film Double Indemnity

6. patríciapinho's rating of the film Double Indemnity

i hate how old films never let criminals win, am i supposed to let my children grow up rooting for the system? yikes!!

7. Walker's rating of the film Double Indemnity

It's straight down the line alright

8. Sara Lucas's rating of the film Double Indemnity

9. Sơn Phước's rating of the film Double Indemnity

Not my fav of Billy, the plot is expectable but the melo is good.

10. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Double Indemnity

3.5. It is a very fun, tight, terse film noir, and it's clear why it's held to be one of the best. But I'm hesitant to give it a higher rating over the fact that I couldn't gather MUCH of a theme from it. There does appear to be a lurking one about the fact that the characters are ultimately hindered by not being AS awful as they think themselves. No one commits to that trolly to the grave.

11. Luca Di Gianni's rating of the film Double Indemnity

12. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Double Indemnity

Watched this in film class. Edward G. Robinson, I salute you. You totally outshined the two main characters, even the femme fatale. What a freaking incredible actor, now, I gotta go write a technical analysis paper for my actual class.

13. janh24's rating of the film Double Indemnity

A classic; film dialogue doesn't get much better than this.

14. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Double Indemnity

4.5. The best scenes are the ones where Walter explains to Keyes what happened in scenes with both of them present.

15. Superfrog's rating of the film Double Indemnity

Semi interesting narrative format for a story I did not care much about. Character building is a bit weak to me and except for the lines of the male lead, the playing did not transport me. Not a recommend from me.

16. Dan and Val Freeman's rating of the film Double Indemnity

How can a film about insurance salesmen be so gripping! Great stuff

17. Dean Owen Jones's rating of the film Double Indemnity

Enjoyed this far more than I expected. You can call me a philistine (and you'd likely be right), but movies older than the 1950's/60's aren't usually my thing. Usually I find the performances too mannered. This, however, has a genuine tension which sticks in your craw, if you can ignore the way the male lead says 'baby' that is. Almost docked a star just for that, but then you'd *really* think me a philistine..

18. AVA's rating of the film Double Indemnity

Weich treffende Dialoge zwischen den Geschlechtern.Der Flirt vergangener Tage.Lang ist es her.. Toller Streifen!

19. NicoIlGermanico's rating of the film Double Indemnity

20. StephenFen's rating of the film Double Indemnity

One of the greatest film noir - and one of the great films full stop. Wonderful Wilder sourness, superb dialogue, the often underrated MacMurray shines as the hapless doomed patsy, Stanwyck is amazing, and you get Edward G. Robinson too. Shocking, and so much fun.

21. Animalia's rating of the film Double Indemnity

22. Zanna Walsh's rating of the film Double Indemnity

Oh Bebe. Dripping with Chandler dialogue, the first scene between our main pair is a joy. Back and forth like sparring boxers. I've seen the film many times and it still suprises me. Wonderful. Can't believe it didn't win the oscar, it went to Bing Crosby being a priest. Oh Bebe!

23. Didonne's rating of the film Double Indemnity

Excellent polar, très bien ficelé. Un petit bijou en noir et blanc, comme on les aime la veille de la nouvelle année !

24. Epinephrin's rating of the film Double Indemnity

This film kept me somehow hooked. Interesting thrilling plot. Compared to the bullshit Hollywood is producing nowadays, this film had a solid story. Couldnt help thinking - boy, if they just had mobiles!I was kinda disappointed from the finale, as if theyd hurried up to end it. The story develops quite nicely but the end spoiled it. And thoses silly "shooting" frames, and those naive unconvincing embraces.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7