1. lbunuel's rating of the film Down by Law

Another piece in Jarmusch's large opus about Americana. Each of his films can be seen as a separate poem about the same big picture, and this is one of his very best. Great performances by all of the cast, marvelous compositions, and a genuine human warmth that all the filmmakers who imitate Jarmusch completely lack. It's brilliant, funny, true & unimitable.

2. Morten Halskov Jensen's rating of the film Down by Law

alsja sa ls sofas asldkfjasd f ljasdfj s lkasjdf sajdf as df asdjf sdjf aælsdf asd fkljasdfjalksdjf asdfjasdj fklajsdflkjasdlkfæjasdjfajsdfjalsjdfkjasdjflas

3. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Down by Law

A fun hangout/prison break film from Jim Jarmusch!

4. vizija's rating of the film Down by Law

5. Beatriz Félix's rating of the film Down by Law

Haven't had such a good time watching a film in a while! i love one (1) man and it is definitely Tom Waits.

6. Ghostman's rating of the film Down by Law

Immediately one of my favorite comedies ever. Jarmusch is one of the great American filmmakers and what a great cast. And ace DP work by Robby Muller. Down By Law is a masterpiece.

7. blkrchs's rating of the film Down by Law

8. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Down by Law

9. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Down by Law

Artículo ("Cuadernos de jazz"): http://www.carlostejeda.com/2009_12_22_archive.html

10. Rodrigo Morais's rating of the film Down by Law

11. Deni's rating of the film Down by Law

PHOTOGRAPHY+CHARACTERS+EVERYTHING+RUN TO FREEDOM

12. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Down by Law

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

13. FISCHER's rating of the film Down by Law

C'est assez exceptionnel et comme réalisation, et comme interprétation des principaux acteurs. Une salutaire distanciation, un humour décalé, un film bienvenu. www.cinefiches.com

14. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Down by Law

Magnificamente leggero ed incredibilemente efficace. La regia sopraffina di Jarmusch dà un volto ad una storia semplice, dove il muso duro dei due americani viene edulcorato dalla bambinesca comicità del nostrano Benigni, che riesce magicamente a stemperare i toni drammatici del film, dando vita ad una pregiata mescolanza di tragi-comico. La sceneggiatura ottimamente ponderata dà la pennellata finale al capolavoro.

15. Diogo CF's rating of the film Down by Law

16. Trunfos's rating of the film Down by Law

17. rllr's rating of the film Down by Law

Too aware of how cool it wanted to be back in the day and that didn't age well. Good cinematography. Thanks, but no thanks to Tom Waits inspiring 2 generations of art school twats trying to look like him.

18. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Down by Law

19. Aardsy's rating of the film Down by Law

Sadly, Roberto Benigni never worked again.

20. EdieEmm's rating of the film Down by Law

Stars for Robby Müller's really extraordinary cinematography and some pretty intoxicating sound design. Charm's worn off, though, on the self-satisfied posturing. And there's just not much left to it after that...

21. guamyankee's rating of the film Down by Law

The first half of the movie set up for what appeared to be a great comedic trio, but ultimately I was disappointed. 3.5 Stars

22. Cojocariu Claudia's rating of the film Down by Law

Ethnographic. Slow. Performative

23. Ethan's rating of the film Down by Law

This film feels almost like a dream set in New Orleans. Lurie, Waits, and Benigini have great chemistry as three people who have absolutely nothing in common except for a yearning to be free. Also the album Rain Dogs is the unofficial soundtrack to this film.

24. James Mackin's rating of the film Down by Law