1. João Martins's rating of the film Downfall

The viewer goes through the steps and attitudes of Hitler in his last days, before his suicide and most of his closest allies. It tries to show a little bit the human side of him. Fantastic act from Bruno Ganz and Corinna Harfouch. Overall, it's an important film to watch. At least now more than ever.

2. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Downfall

Bruno Ganz = Adolf Hitler. He is acting in a way that you think, he is really the real one. Also the other casts are doing extremely fine. This is an oppressive portrait of a dictator & "his inner circle" during their last days. And, what is shocking most is the banality of the evil(s). Again & again worthwile to watch, interesting chamber play transformed into a movie.

3. Linda's rating of the film Downfall

Bruno Ganz deserved all the awards for this.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Downfall

Une vaine et stupide polémique s'est dessinée quant à une présentation trop "humaniste" du Führer. Comme si cela pouvait atténuer l'horreur de son crime et l'atrocité de ses directives. Saluons plutôt l'excellente composition de Bruno Ganz, véritablement habité par son funeste personnage, dans une oeuvre somme toute cinématographiquement parlant, des plus moyennes... www.cinefiches.com

5. Trunfos's rating of the film Downfall

6. Chris's rating of the film Downfall

amazing performances, extremely powerful and manages to tell the familiar story from a unique enough angle to feel fresh

7. Greenhorn's rating of the film Downfall

In this movie you can see the best "Adolf Hitler" actor of the time!!

8. freskonthesfenks's rating of the film Downfall

Nice but it's boring to watch a movie in a bunker for 2.5 hours.

9. Joana Graça's rating of the film Downfall

Gosto tanto de filmes sobre a II Guerra Mundial! Tanto mas tanto. Bruno Ganz é o melhor Hitler de todos os tempos. Excelente performance. Bravo.

10. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Downfall

Rewatched. This film is the downfall of Hitler's delirium and is extremely frightening.

11. Y3W_TREE's rating of the film Downfall

Humanizes one of history's greatest monsters without sugar-coating the evil of them or their regime. I lack the words to describe this, honestly. Personal note: years ago. I saw this one school day after pestering my high school history teacher to show us the movie (it was advertised a lot in the LA Times during release). Certainly affected my entire class and I for the rest of that day.

12. ceknklsn's rating of the film Downfall

13. Silvoieski's rating of the film Downfall

This film is about giving a human face to Nazis, and showing that Hitler was a human like all of us, the director tries to destroy the Hitler's myth, in my opinion, the main goal of the film is to show to us the real human history. Great performances, well-written, well directed, great film.

14. Mr. Paper's rating of the film Downfall

Particularmente es muy criticada por darle un rostro humano a los nazis, pero incluso los monstruos y asesinos sienten a su manera el peso del mundo sobre sus hombros. No es un defensa a ellos, es una defensa a una película que cuida cada detalle sobre esos últimos días de un hombre y su legado de odio. Esta película debe ser estudiada como un logro cinematográfico, así su tema sea incomodo, esto es historia.

15. Tho Mas's rating of the film Downfall

16. Antonio León Medina's rating of the film Downfall

Something you can not avoid is the defeat in the war. Good movie about Nazis, specially Hitler.

17. Michael Stephenson's rating of the film Downfall

Saw this years ago but never got around to rating it. Hirschbiegel manages to humanise Hitler and the SS, while still showing their unimaginable cowardice and pomposity. In many senses, a film about the end of the world. Bruno Ganz is excellent.

18. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Downfall

19. Caio Henrique Gava's rating of the film Downfall

I don't like the defensive approach to picture the life of a man we know so much about. The war background ends up being the most interesting here.

20. Kelsey Hill's rating of the film Downfall

21. Matt Rolls's rating of the film Downfall

Astonishingly brave and honest. A masterpiece.

22. Hollywood Overdose's rating of the film Downfall

Huge historical recreation inside the nazi ideology. This movie has the facts, the horror, the political drama and a very good visual show of nazi symbols and most notorious generals. It's a sensitive theme and World War II definitely changed the course of history and we must learn from the past history to make ours. Hitler was persuasive because german people wanted to believe but they didn't have necessarily too!

23. ajdehany's rating of the film Downfall

Hitler eating his ravioli is a new spin on the banality of evil. The film is a devastating masterpiece and, surprisingly, more of an ensemble piece and a work about history as much as a character study.

24. raggiodisole's rating of the film Downfall

grim but compelling viewing, rightly lauded, but not one for repeated viewing. For better or worse, some scenes will live with you