1. Laura G.'s rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

One of the greatest films I've ever seen. The war room is by far one of the most beautiful spaces I've seen. I appreciate the ironies and the dark humour.

2. aleorca's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Kubrick is well-known as a photographic perfectionist,with sometimes a thin grasp of the acting side - hence the usual ciphers - Dullea, O'Neal, Nicholson, Cruise, puppet performers in a larger widescreen theatre. Uniquely, this is an enacted repertory, ensemble piece worthy of Altman Unrestrained comedy acting of great fizzy brio with Hayden, Scott and especially Sellers having no-limits fun Stupendous comedy.

3. &rey's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

something great, wit on each moment

4. McOpinionated's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Ignore the creaky old bits, this is a chilling masterpiece, flawed only Strangelove himself - a comic cartoon character that provides no tension.

5. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

This has one of the greatest screenplays I've ever witnessed! The previous feeling of low-key absurdity present in Kubrick's previous efforts just breaks through screen and hits you in the face with like a right hook. The amount of wit and intelligence here shown at every moment is just outstanding. It's demented in the very best sense of the word.

6. WildCardLucas's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

7. dvvca's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

8. Shawnmubi's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

An excellent black comedy that highlights the folly and utter madness of Mutually Assured Destruction... (MAD). I also got a taste of Peter Sellers acting agility, something I've never had the chance to appreciate until now.

9. incedw's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Worth a sixth star for the character names alone.

10. Naomi Vargas's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

11. David Zimmerman's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

12. lbunuel's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

There's not much I can add to the consensus: Peter Sellers is a genius, George C. Scott is magnificent, and this is a perfect comedy in its bleakness and force.

13. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

An early flash of satiric teeth from Kubrick, in probably the first explicit swipe at the powers that shouldn’t be, with incisors indeed sharpened at the industrial-military complex. Quite astounding for the time in terms of tone and subject - of course things don’t really change with sabre rattling continuing apace as I write - “After the wreck comes the beginning”. Apparently.

14. Harriehhh's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

At times like this, all you can do is laugh.

15. Robert H's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

What an intense comedy or incompetence, authority and human failing. Dr Strangelove has been on my "watch list" for years and delivers an absurdly terrifying and iconic black comedy on a subject which put so many on edge. Featuring one of my all time favourite quotes "you can't fight in here - this is the war room". Steller performances and an absolute must-watch.

16. 'king Harold's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

The world ruined by mad Americans who could imagine such a thing?

17. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

I've only watched this movie twice now. And both times I was underwhelmed as the movie began, wondering why so many people cited it as a classic for so many years. And then events start to unravel further, becoming both more ridiculous and yet also more terrifyingly believable (in some ways). Peter Sellers excels in multiple roles. Sterling Hayden, Slim Pickens, and George C. Scott also do great work. Love it.

18. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

I thought I was the last person alive yet to see this film. What can be said that hasn't already? It's darkly funny; with plenty of subtle truths. Sellers is fantastic - and I can't help but prefer his Mandrake or President characters over the famous Dr. Strangelove.

19. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Peter Sellers make fun of some good political stereotypes and have a ball as a mad German scientist and we get to see the iconic image of Slim Pickens on top of a falling nuclear bomb in this one. George C. Scott also do one of his life's best roles. Stanley Kubrick never directed a funnier film than this one.

20. Richard Tines's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

A (dammit!) still timely engagement in black comedy, (thanks to 45 and his "bigger" nuclear powers), presages just how insanely absurd the principles of Mutually Assured Destruction are...when the power to destroy our beautiful planet is in the hands of jaded (often psychotic) "men", the outcome doesn't seem so distant, anymore...more effective at exemplifying nuclear menace than "Watchmen" (the movie, not the book)

21. wave of the future's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

I don't buy the antiwar messaged ascribed to this film.

22. xer vokun's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

"Gentlemen you can't fight in here!This is the War Room" ~ so many good moments

23. paul_quixote's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

This is funny as hell but the critique doesn't, to my eyes, have much edge to it in 2017. Kubrick's riff on war in Barry Lyndon felt a lot more immediate to me. The weird libidinal energy that animates all the string-pulling is a funny contrast to the technicity of the plane ultimately responsible for ending the damn world. Presents an interesting taxonomy of people occupying positions of power, is another plus.

24. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb