1. SlavicaSkoric's rating of the film Dracula

And so I met Cushing as Van Helsing and the rest was history <3. This is the way of true Dracula, an undead demon. Sir Lee delivers all the darkness so well, accompanied by lavish Hammer scenography... A feast for all the senses of a horror fan.

2. Fritz's rating of the film Dracula

Van Helsing such bad-ass. Cushing probably is the best to portray the vampire-hunter with his calm and collected gentleman demeanor and precision (that candlesticks-turned-cross is topnotch move!). If Kingsman Secret Service is a 1950s film, he'd be the founder. This is perhaps gorier & less mysterious than the 1931 version which is more theatrical. Despite the deviation from the source, this is still a classic.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Dracula

Un jeune homme courageux et résolu se fait engager comme bibliothécaire chez le fameux comte Dracula afin de pouvoir en fait le détruire plus facilement : une version fort estimable ! www.cinefiches.com

4. Nathan Goldman's rating of the film Dracula

good to know that in the eyes of Hammer the widow's peak is a value-neutral hairstyle suitable for both heroes and villains

5. Bob's rating of the film Dracula

Surprisingly fitting in capturing the spirit of the novel with polished style and gothic sets even though it departures from the plot. Christopher Lee brings an iconic character to life with few words, presence and charisma while Michael Gough and Peter Cushing have great chemistry with latter being arguably the greatest cinematic Van Helsing, precise and easy going as he should. One of the finest Dracula adaptations

6. Aardsy's rating of the film Dracula

Better than the original.

7. Elle Johnston's rating of the film Dracula

This version maybe be one of my favourite re-incarnations of Dracula of all time, next to the 'original'. Works so well in colour compared to the classic B&W versions.

8. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Dracula

9. christos1ngle's rating of the film Dracula

10. Renton47's rating of the film Dracula

Props to how economical this feels, it makes some interesting shortcuts through the novel and it disorients expectations which I find vital in adaptations. Strange then that I should say this feels so obsolete after Coppola's vision - that chaotic masterpiece is so exaggerated, dense and fun that it's the only Dracula I have time for.

11. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Dracula

I think I’ve never seen blood so red. The Hammer Films version cuts thru the chase and makes Harker a vampire hunter, so that we can get right down to killing business. Christopher Lee is very impressive as the dark handsome foreigner seducing the blue-eyed blondines, and vampire Lucy gave me the chills, but otherwise “Horror of Dracula” feels silly now, almost 60 years after its release. Yet it’s great fun to watch.

12. kit duckworth's rating of the film Dracula

horror belongs in lush gothic technicolor

13. Deiner's rating of the film Dracula

I doesn't stick to the book, but still is an impressive adaptation. Different but brilliant. My only wish is they had given more screen time to Christopher Lee.

14. tumultodevozes's rating of the film Dracula

Fisher-Lee-Cushing classic. Groundbreaking in atmosphere construction, use of color, depiction of gore and sensual connotations. Still subtle, intelligent and refined, considering the target audience and the very low budget.

15. Matt Rolls's rating of the film Dracula

A deliriously thrilling classic with great actors, sets and costumes. R.I.P Sir Christopher Lee

16. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film Dracula

Probably my least favorite of all the old school Dracula films. I don't think it was bad, I just think the others were far better

17. José Neves's rating of the film Dracula

Cinematography by Jack Asher.

18. Bovino's rating of the film Dracula

The first dracula movie that I have saw and loved since the beginning, with Peter Cushing as Dr. Van Helsing and Christopher Lee as Dracula. It can't get any better.

19. msmichel's rating of the film Dracula

First in the Hammer series of 'Dracula' films still retains its punch. Christopher Lee gave a career defining performance here that completely captured the Bram Stoker creation. Production values just great with some liberties taken with the source novel. All the pieces that would become Hammer signatures are present; the gothic look, the earnest performances, the heaving bosoms, the horror, the horror...

20. MarcH's rating of the film Dracula

I'm no Hammer fan (I like my horror Universal-style), but this is the best Dracula of them all. And it certainly does not feel like a movie made in the 1950s.

21. ElTigreNegro's rating of the film Dracula

Not the strongest of the dracula Hammer movies, but still with plenty of sweet gothic atmosphere to enjoy.

22. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Dracula

really not bad, but i missed something more mystical & dark.

23. ExperimentoFilm's rating of the film Dracula

"And then I think the better of the two, the film that we really felt went further, was HORROR OF DRACULA. You know, there's nothing like the introduction of Dracula in that picture" (Martin Scorsese on this and CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN)

24. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Dracula

A brisk reduction of Stoker; Cushing leads with an etiolated dash and the Parma Violet feel of early Hammer Horror is nicely in situ. It's probably the best of the Hammer Horrors (certainly of the Dracula series which neatly declined with each entry) with splendidly realised atmosphere achieved on a limited budget - talent will out...