1. Log Lady's rating of the film Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary

This is only my second film I've seen from Maddin, and both ended up gracing my list of favorite films of all time. What witchery is this? Honestly, I was on the verge of tears within the first 10 minutes. As a book adaptation purist, I can handle something that is completely on a different plane of existence. An expressionistic fever dream, an avalanche of light and shadow, unique but surprisingly faithful.

2. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary

3. Nathan Goldman's rating of the film Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary

was a bit thrown off, based on my prior Maddins, to see him play it as straight as he did; the moments of humor here are less frequent and less prominent. which isn't to say, of course, that his sensibilities weren't on full display

4. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary

3-3.5. Initially overly affected and occasionally visually choppy, this version of Dracula retains the meat of the original story, while coming as close to a staged ballet as possible, without losing dialogue, or letting dialogue kill momentum. Staging it as a silent film to get around that potential issue was very clever, lending an appropriately old-school aesthetic to the Count.

5. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary

Harmonic convergence. Everything about it is a marriage made in heaven.

6. correy baldwin's rating of the film Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary

7. Leo's rating of the film Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary

Beautifully crafted tong-in-cheek Dracula. Amazing camera work, storytelling. Mesmerizing visuals betrothed to enchanting music

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary

Even if his risks don't always pay off, you have to applaud his vision. I'd like to see more Maddin.

9. jim in austin's rating of the film Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary

What a wonderful and inventive mishmash of Gothic horror, silent film, Expressionism, ballet, xenophobia and eroticism, all choreographed to Gustav Mahler...

10. rllr's rating of the film Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary

Absolutely not my favorite Maddin, but definitely one of my favorite vampire films.

11. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary

Giddy and tremulous. A exegesis of Dracula. Le petite mort! Oh my!

12. Anthony's brother's rating of the film Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary

I feel what I want to say would read like a thesaurus'd version of raggiodisole's review. He summed it up. But like to add, I think 'La Antena' should be in the related film list. They'd make a nice double bill

13. raggiodisole's rating of the film Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary

sumptuous, wonderful score, almost sublime in every other way. a proper visual treat

14. msmichel's rating of the film Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary

Beautiful hybrid of ballet, bram stoker, beautiful cinematography and the usual bag of tricks of director Guy Maddin. No matter how familiar one is with the source material one has to admirer the sheer artistry of all involved in this novel take. Kudos to the talented dancing cast (royal winnipeg ballet) and dp Suderman. Maddin's slient cinema influenced influctuations well suited to the genre. Excellent.

15. Dale Wittig's rating of the film Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary

It follows Stoker's book more closely than Coppola's film does and, like his, adds various other layers, by which the author would likely have been surprised. Zhang Wei-Qiang is as elegantly seductive as Dracula as one expects, but the tone of the film, and its gruesome resolution, emphasizes the xenophobia and sexual hysteria of the book. It is no celebration of doomed love: instead a genuine warning to the viewer.

16. Hail Rain's rating of the film Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary

Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary is a sumptuous caccophony of talent. The filiming angles are brilliant, the dancers are unequalled, and the scenery and costumes are divine. This trifecta makes for a once in a lifetime opportunity in viewing this film, for every time you watch it, something different takes the lead. I highly recommend this film for anyone who appreciates art.

17. Andrés Pff's rating of the film Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary

we are never seeing dracula like this again.