1. Corey's rating of the film The Dream and The Silence

Not as good as the other two Rosales films.

2. between7skies's rating of the film The Dream and The Silence

Sparse and poignant meditation on coping with unbearable loss. The lead actors hold their space fully. The centre weighted framing with strong horizontal lines can somehow be unsettling and exhausting, as it is demanding visually and psychologically. 3.5

3. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Dream and The Silence

Right away establishes itself at some indeterminate point between unabashedly high concept & jarringly unbalanced; at once achingly aesthetic & utterly banal. Which is… a commentary on image & ideal? On the overlooked everyday? Is it deadpan surrealism? A thesis on humanity? The inherent disjuncture of being? It certainly explains Mubi's series title: The Extraordinary Ordinary. Wish, now, I’d caught the others. 3.75

4. captainfez's rating of the film The Dream and The Silence

Yeah, but I already know about architecture and tedium.

5. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Dream and The Silence

Experiemental director Jaime Rosales crafts a fairly standard film here, although not TOO standard. It's about the loss of a loved one, and the grief that others can't always identify with, because everyone grieves in different ways. Very nicely done, although I would have personally preferred a more traditional unfolding of events.

6. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Dream and The Silence

(4.5 stars) Easily the best of the 3 Rosales films I've seen here. His voyeur style still at play here with long takes playing out the day-to-day happenings, but inform us of the mood and motivations. His camera often doesn't center on the subjects, but plays into the theme of the film while this family tries to cope. We literally SEE that they are out of frame. It's a very nice cinematic effect tying into theme.

7. clarud@hotmail.com's rating of the film The Dream and The Silence

Beautiful takes and great depiction of the tediousness of mourning. That being said, it's not often that I seek being reminded of the tediousness of mourning...

8. findfilm's rating of the film The Dream and The Silence

A long study of an average family living their lives in urban Spain. Black and white is the chosen medium and of similar significance is the refusal by the director to spell out the tragedy that visits their lives. Time shifts add a further complexity and long moving shots juxtapose with the mostly straight-up scenes. It's a long haul and a few late splashes of colour provide an interesting contrast.

9. karl's rating of the film The Dream and The Silence

Stuggled with it at first because I had to reformat the way I have viewed cinema, but after the paradigm shift it unfolds beautifully.

10. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film The Dream and The Silence

Interesting, non-linear narrative, beautifully observed, takes a bit of getting used to, worth sticking with it. Something significant happens but it takes some time to have an idea of what. Surprisingly little grief in evidence, considering. A lightness about it despite heavy themes.

11. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film The Dream and The Silence

In all Rosales's films, the Real is what enter the frame, disrupting the apparent trivial order. The Real does not knock, it simply destroys the door.

12. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Dream and The Silence

“Dream and Silence”, in its elegant and distinctive disposition, shall delight art-house lovers, as well as enthusiasts of unconventional storytelling. Full Review: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.pt/2014/03/dream-and-silence-2012.html

13. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film The Dream and The Silence