1. FISCHER's rating of the film Dream Work

Utilisant la technique dite "copie par contact" qui consiste à recopier une scène, un plan, image par image, sur une pellicule vierge et le rayographe, principe graphique cher à Man Ray, le réalisateur démembre une nouvelle fois une séquence du film de Sidney J. Furie, "L'emprise" pour arriver à créer une pertinente osmose entre une personne qui dort et les imaginaires perceptions de son rêve... www.cinefiches.com

2. Gerdrût's rating of the film Dream Work

I wish I had a dream like this! <3

3. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film Dream Work

I'm growing tired of artists using sex and violence as the alpha and omega of imagistic chaos. Perhaps we could dig a little deeper, which I believe Man Ray and Marcel Duchamp were doing by inquiring and building an individual myth of imagery. I like Peter Tscherkassky's work a lot: the optical printing in Scope B&W is complex and glorious. But sex has lost much of its razzmatazz for me reflecting a dull premise

4. Esteban Chaires's rating of the film Dream Work

5. floatingufo's rating of the film Dream Work

Some memorable images, delivered in a very interesting and frenetic style, but didn't quite grip me.. a second watch is probably necessary. definitely worth 10 minutes though.

6. MarcoVal's rating of the film Dream Work

I really want to watch this movie in a live projection

7. Mírcio Alves Amaral's rating of the film Dream Work

Genius work, Man Ray would be proud.

8. letters never sent's rating of the film Dream Work

I don't have dreams similar to this. This is more a chaotic and claustrophobic nightmare. 3.5

9. Lost in Disconnection's rating of the film Dream Work

Just like seeing highlights from a disturbed dreaming night. Experimental. Lynch would be proud of this.

10. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Dream Work

Sound and images: dense poetry.

11. Marco Bevilacqua's rating of the film Dream Work

A film experimentation about the black and white film medium and its possibility of expression. What is interesting is the extreme use of different image planes to create a 3D effect by mixing different recordings.

12. Quattro's rating of the film Dream Work

This is not my kind of thing at all, but I have to admit the guy knows damn well how to play with film. I guess that if the narration were either intelligible or totally absent I would have more easily appreciated it. It's probably worth much more than my actual rating, but that's it, for now.

13. bulgrin's rating of the film Dream Work

similar to Outer Space another great piece

14. O Ricardo's rating of the film Dream Work

I was thinking how trying to depict the unconscious mind in black & white was a very 1920s thing to do and then the film ends with a nod to Man Ray. Well done.

15. weinbrandbabsi's rating of the film Dream Work

another great example of noise music cinema - tscherkassky works with cohersion, dense soundscapes and flickering, experimental visual collages to create an almost physical experience, in which (your) perspective becomes so much more central than narration

16. L'immoralistee's rating of the film Dream Work

17. bastos's rating of the film Dream Work

What kind of drugs do i have to take to get behind the sense of this artificial bullshit?

18. Andrei Tarkovsky's rating of the film Dream Work

Dualismus in filmischer Form, Parallelen von menschlichem Leben als Enigma in Bezug auf den Filmprojektor und das rohe Filmmaterial. Hand und Schere werden zum Werkzeug für das Schneiden des Films im Film und widmet sich letztlich als Bewusstseinserfahrung repräsentativ dem Kino des großen Avantgardisten Man Ray.

19. Wesley Tucker's rating of the film Dream Work

Looks nice. Makes you wonder how such imagery is created on a technical level. It's not violent but has a sense of dread throughout, and instills curiosity about the life of the female subject in its short run time.

20. Quelthor's rating of the film Dream Work

I never knew it is possible to actually film a dream.. It felt like I was dreaming though.. I watched this without even blinking once.. Or maybe my eyes were closed.. I'm not sure now..

21. Gerald Singer's rating of the film Dream Work

Dense and impressive! Like Polanskis "Repulsion" compressed into a 10 minute cinematic meta-text.

22. Angelika Arman's rating of the film Dream Work