1. freskonthesfenks's rating of the film Dreams

A film made by dreams, in golden hands... Every dream in this film has its own spirit. In the first two of the dreams you cannot easily see the references, because those dreams were seen by a child; they are more imaginative and they don't have an aim to give a message, they have mostly view-based scenes. The other ones have messages based on technology, war and radioactivity. Awesome scenery, perfect fiction.

2. Federico Maria Baldacci's rating of the film Dreams

3. João Rocha's rating of the film Dreams

The use of colour by Kurosawa is marvelous

4. Farukbaggins's rating of the film Dreams

thank you for sharing your exquisite dreams kurosawa-san

5. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Dreams

Kurosawa aping Kobayashi. The visuals are very good and the ideas occasionally interesting, but nowhere near enough to justify the runtime. Every story overstays its welcome and would be perfect played at 2x speed. Marty's section is the standout for sure.

6. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Dreams

7. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Dreams

Visually stunning, but a bit too abstract for me: no storytelling and no major key to interpret what's happening. I'm not going to give my own opinion on this movie, as it is too far from my taste for me to build a proper review - and I would be afraid to be harsher than the movie deserves.

8. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film Dreams

That dog's sound effects are iconic.

9. anacecil's rating of the film Dreams

Excelente, como todas las películas de este director. Una recreación por la fantasía !!!!

10. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Dreams

Moralistic, shallow and monotonous.

11. FISCHER's rating of the film Dreams

D'une beauté esthétique, plastique, souvent fascinante, voire époustouflante, le film reste tout de même de qualité fort inégale selon les différentes histoires abordées et vire quelquefois même dans le démonstratif un peu simpliste et facile, avec ses connotations écologiques et anti-nucléaires élémentaire... www.cinefiches.com

12. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Dreams

...maybe Kurosawa needed a little help from his American friends financially. As an artist he didn't´t profit - I think this is a rather superficial film.

13. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Dreams

14. Mr. Marston's rating of the film Dreams

15. vxpl's rating of the film Dreams

i looooved loved loved the first dreams. the second part of the movie wasn't so interesting but i still kept watching hoping for something dreamy to happen. the first dream is my absolute favorite! i can't think of anything else so emotionally moving in the whole cinema i've watched

16. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Dreams

The 80s birthed a golden age of production design and practical FX, and this personal project from Kurosawa, supported by Lucas and Spielberg, shows how such tools could be put to lyrical use. It's all hit and miss, but the effect has its own intoxication: we see a mind at work, and like analyzing our own dreams, we see links, meaning, and progression where none may exist. At 80, Kurosawa was trying something new.

17. ceknklsn's rating of the film Dreams

18. Nino Lasso's rating of the film Dreams

Ok everybody, let's pretend this never happened and was just a bad, bad dream.

19. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film Dreams

90's special effects with timeless narrative

20. el.'s rating of the film Dreams

3,5/5. mostly very beautiful, the foxes and the peach trees segments were pure magic with some other dreams as well. noticed that crows and mount fuji are liked by most, but in my case they contributed to a lesser rating.

21. Let's go to Oblomovka's rating of the film Dreams

not his very best. boring except some parts.

22. HSBilly's rating of the film Dreams

visually beautiful. its a world full of human stupidity

23. tezuka's rating of the film Dreams

symbolism that grapples with dreams and realities. but in the long run, i enjoyed that segment of van gogh

24. qw0aszx's rating of the film Dreams

That kind of weird mood of Kurosawa's childhood dreams just like my dreams when I was a child. So seeing this film first time when I was still in primary school feels like watching my own dreams projected on screen.

← Previous 1 3 4