1. João R's rating of the film Dreams of a Life

It's a strange case where its goals are relevant but its approach falls into a stretched exploitation. Nevertheless, it brings an interesting reflection to the table about our present society and its relationships.

2. letters never sent's rating of the film Dreams of a Life

3. Sam's rating of the film Dreams of a Life

Intriguing but could have been done better. The start was good but it really lagged in the middle. Given the interesting subject matter, I expected much more.

4. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Dreams of a Life

It's great. Good dynamic and structure. Fails in not to tell more details about Joyce, it could be more investigative, since this story is so odd and bizarre that It's seems like a hoax, but it's not.

5. Emily Humphries's rating of the film Dreams of a Life

A sad story built through laboured interviews and uninspiring and padded reenactments, Worth missing.

6. David Nguyen's rating of the film Dreams of a Life

A frustrating documentary. While its subject is compelling, the tone, structure and conceit of the film seem entirely wrong. In particular, the recreated moments from Joyce's life are problematic: some are based on fact, others are simply speculations, yet both are presented in a style that confuses the two. The relentless soundtrack grates as well: never have I heard so many inappropriate music choices.

7. Renton47's rating of the film Dreams of a Life

I think Morley's intentions were noble in her desire to attribute an identity to Joyce, yet her approach seems utterly misguided. Was the music reaped from a creative commons website? What a shock to see Adamson's name attached at the end. To structure Joyce's identity around the conjectures of people with a sometimes brief connection to her seems to obscure the desired intentions. Distasteful footnote for Joyce.

8. mjmull's rating of the film Dreams of a Life

Gripping and poetic, a powerful meditation of loneliness in big cities. But when does such a sensitive and dignified tribute to a life become voyeuristic and exploitative?

9. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Dreams of a Life

10. Nathan.'s rating of the film Dreams of a Life

It was an interesting theme and concept, but really dragged on a bit, could have been much better if it was more concise. But it still leaves you with the message it wants to leave you with, so I guess in some ways it achieved what it set out to do.

11. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film Dreams of a Life

Heartbraking film/Documentary about Joyce Vincent, this woman who was so lonely that she passed away unnoticed for more than 2 years without anyone realising. The film includes a lot of interviews and reconstructions but never gets boring as we try to uncover the mystery of this lonely heart. You get so close to her as the research team goes deeper and deeper in her life that it is difficult to forget her afterwards.

12. mpho3's rating of the film Dreams of a Life

Rest in peace, Joyce Carol Vincent.

13. suddenmoves's rating of the film Dreams of a Life

No one in this terribly sad documentary realised that our modern, disconnected life could have such tragic consequences. A powerful, moving cautionary tale.

14. Bill Rosenfield's rating of the film Dreams of a Life

I found it overlong and with a bit too much reenactment material, and the surviving members of the family didn't cooperate so there is a sizable chunk of the story missing - and yet, the result is still unstettling and provacative.

15. vivwong's rating of the film Dreams of a Life

Is this film playing in the U.S. anytime soon? I live in NYC and I really want to see this.

16. Garry Eunson's rating of the film Dreams of a Life

The tragic enigmatic story of Joyce Vincent. But was she lonely, or just alone? Looking through the platitudes about "the disconnected society", I though this was a touching evocation of those special times in our lives, and the people we shared them with. I thought it was a mistake reconstruct her childhood & should have been left in the shadows of the story I loved the final glimpse of the real Joyce at the end.