1. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

De Palma made his classes for his adaptation of Hitchcock's Psycho, but even he would confess he is only an amateur compared to his master. Fortunately, Dressed to Kill's best ideas would gain new weight in his next feature.

2. MisterColo93's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

3. João R's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

A nice blending of erotic sensuality and dark tendencies. It's easy to watch but very much predictable.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

Une oeuvre insupportable de prétention, aux références cinématographiques éculées, dont la résolution finale de l'intrigue se devine très rapidement et dans laquelle Michael Caine est relativement (et inhabituellement) médiocre... www.cinefiches.com

5. strangestars's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

deliziosamente anni 80 in tutto e per tutto

6. Teona Gal's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

7. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

Surprisingly feminist and unsurprisingly sex-positive but of course that is all overshadowed by the demented handling of its other political issue. Ultimately though it feels like De Palma is casting us as the raving inmates on the balcony. That we're the crazy ones for so loving to watch men dress up as doctors; an insanity he is happy to indulge.

8. miles's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

9. Michael Peer's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

While Dressed to KIll film looks incredible - movies simply do NOT look like this anymore, and it's such a shame - the film is a narrative nightmare seeking any sign of perspective or meaning. De Palma is like an uncensored Hitchcock - but without any of his discipline, class, or intellectual density. After Angie bites the dust, good luck caring about anything that happens after. A laughable attempt at Norman Bates.

10. henr.que's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

that museum sequence was so hot... the whole thing was pretty transmisogynistic though

11. Log Lady's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

Stylistically competent with giallo influences, but quite pedestrian at its core. Normally I'd enjoy the pulpy sleaze, but this time I just couldn't muster enough interest for the story.

12. EdieEmm's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

An endearingly wacky pulp-tribute to Hitchcockian thrillers, that's way more fun if you read it as commenting on (among other things) the cultural pathologies that underlie society's trans-misogyny, rather than as, uh, well, *being* trans-misogynistic. (Though, granted, that may be about as likely as the plot...) Pretty cute, and lots to play with. 3.75

13. opandadodavid's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

a terceira é pela sequência do museu

14. Khach Aloyan's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

15. ammar's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

16. Sarika Joglekar's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

17. DenoResandono's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

I always consider this the hardcore version of Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho...

18. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

Striking visual and aural delights cannot compensate for a penny plain and unconvincing slasher. Over-dressed for sure.

19. Matt Kovar's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

20. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

Yes it's trashy sleaze but it's incredibly well made trashy sleaze. A classic American giallo.

21. Addy K.'s rating of the film Dressed to Kill

I knew the film had me when after a delightful afternoon of steamy sex with a stranger, Angie Dickinson sits down to leave him a love letter: as Pino Donaggio's beautiful score swells, as the camera lingers on her sublime smile, and then—the look of horror when Angie discovers that the man she just fucked has a dozen venereal diseases! Cue laughter+gasps! Trashy, scary and contains perfect deadpan by Michael Caine.

22. Renton47's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

Forget 'homage', De Palma is the world we inherited from Hitchcock. Isn't that the case with being shown a little of our nightmares? A little is never enough, and De Palma knows if our dreams look real they look something like the movies, with blood and titillation and irrepressible transgressions. I want a spin-off of Peter and Liz solving mysteries, and Allen is amazing here.

23. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

this was an amazing movie but because the whole erotic thriller genre is totally played out, it seemed kinda silly at points. it still had some great directing!

24. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Dressed to Kill

Psycho redux, but pulpier. Fun movie, overall, but it lingers for just a bit too long. Though appreciable in that it's a bit more sexually educated than Psycho seemed to be.

← Previous 1 3 4