1. Renton47's rating of the film Drifting Clouds

How is Aki both applauded realist and eminent stylist? Clouds would be a good piece to interrogate, and though he deals in the shorthand of arthouse misery material his work is never burdened by the "issues". Above all his proletarian heart cries for labour as an empowering and necessary right, even if its ends are small. 3.5

2. Cláudio Martins da Silva Alves's rating of the film Drifting Clouds

A frank look at a middle-class couple dealing with financial precarity. While sad, it deftly avoids the miserabilism inherent to its premise through sober hopefulness and a direction ripe with affection for the stone faced characters. Kaurismaki is a master regarding the use of lighting, color, composition and visual pace as ways to guide our emotional understanding of the people within his cinema.

3. Vincent T's rating of the film Drifting Clouds

my first Kaurismaki, not sure what to make of it but somehow as it went on I was both bored out of my mind and feeling engaged and lovely at the same time.

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Drifting Clouds

5. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Drifting Clouds

6. Cemre Polat's rating of the film Drifting Clouds

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Drifting Clouds

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Drifting Clouds

Le style si marquant et si étonnant d'Aki Kaurismaki, toujours aussi parfaitement maîtrisé, et une interprétation exemplaire des principaux protagonistes... www.cinefiches.com

9. anadyomene's rating of the film Drifting Clouds

Gloomy and nonchalantly hilarious.

10. jonijtr's rating of the film Drifting Clouds

Bleak, simple masterpiece. I think I just found a new favourite director...

11. Halil Küçükyıldız's rating of the film Drifting Clouds

4.5/5 a simple and effective film about unemployment and its affects

12. crnstsc's rating of the film Drifting Clouds

13. Dignan's rating of the film Drifting Clouds

Muted emotions; Kaurismaki plays music to convey the feelings of his repressed characters. / -"You’re too old." - I’m only thirty-eight." -"That’s the problem: you could drop dead at any minute."

14. Amanda A.Costa's rating of the film Drifting Clouds

Gotta love these characters. They barely show their emotions but you can feel a lot of emotions just by look at them. Kaurismak Portraits a situation which is quite common nowadays, but no matter the storm, you dont have to be so hopeless

15. imalik's rating of the film Drifting Clouds

16. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Drifting Clouds

17. Adam Suraf's rating of the film Drifting Clouds

You get no easy emotions from Aki Kaurismaki, when his characters are down they are stone face, when they are happy there is nary a smile, when they are sad hardly a tear. But he loves his characters, and it's hard not to love his mise-en-scene, which fills drab frames with color and deadpan humor. This mid-90's effort is one of the clearest examples of his unique style, and it goes down smooth.

18. Eloi MV's rating of the film Drifting Clouds

Wow! This is such a pity there is no Region 1 DVD of this marvel! Definitly Kaurismäki's best in my opinion. If you can somehow find this movie, give it a shot right away!