1. Federico D'Accinni's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

90 minutes of indie cinema like every indie movie should be - naturalistic shifts of tone, a camera that plays its role throughout and a story that looks like anything but real life. Swanberg's improvised dialogues let every character or line be even more convincing. A film on relationships that examines relationships as they truly are - Jake Johnson was my favourite performance here.

2. Edward Morris's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

We drink beer - a lot of beer - and we look much more attractive than the bunch of dead beats in this movie. And we're funnier. Way funnier. And more attractive. Did I mention that? Where's my beer? A delightful recommendation for beer. And love.

3. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

A slight film that somehow lingers in the mind a lot longer than expected. A superb cast resound off each other, bouncing awkwardly with unexpected intimacy. Like real friends do.

4. Kév's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

Nice movie - worth to see, Thanks Mubi

5. cin-e-phile22's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

This is independent fucking cinema? Kids can't even make films these days.

6. Tom's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

Someone just handed me a shit sandwich. I sniffed it, took a bite, but I couldn't swallow it.

7. Tja's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

Flirt'n and beer'n and work'n. Could be a dream career, but stuff happens: they get over it and its back to the same ol' flirt'n and beer'n and work'n. An ok, congenial movie, but the material is a little thin. Brew with less water.

8. janh24's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

9. Superfrog's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

Not pretentious, and as much as I find the dialogues and characters infuriating their is a feeling of true life that is hard to achieve. Basically a documentary about hipsters: self obsessed, under-communicative in substance and essentially "I refuse to be made to feel bad[...]I am not a bad person"

10. Steve G.'s rating of the film Drinking Buddies

Preferable to cirrhosis but it's a close run thing.

11. Pango's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

The dialogue feels natural, but that doesn't mean they are less dull. Jesus, I can't believe how boring this film was.

12. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

People familiar with Joe Swanberg's work will know what to expect here, some slightly rambling tale that focuses on character interaction above anything cinematic. Drinking Buddies is worth a watch, but it's nowhere near as good as it could have been. Neither the dramatic nor comedic elements work as well as they should, and it's enough to make you want to grab Swanberg by the collar and give him a shake.

13. smndvdcl's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

No heroes or villains, just people, relationships and finding out what makes them tick. The majority of my favourite comedy dramas resist the urge to create a moral hierarchy of people. Every character here sways between courage and cowardice, principle and foolishness. I love narrative journeys like this where the emphasis is less on the denouement and more on progressions of each moment.

14. nessmj's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

15. aliasgenius's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

16. dheadanira's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

17. henja's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

Fuck, they drink so much.

18. José Neves's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

Mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble, rawhide.

19. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

20. Diego Ravazzolo's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

21. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

I love it! Messy relationship network where wine personality is not trustworthy: so intellectual and self-centered... Meanwhile, beer rules all the coolness and bonding easygoing approach. Cinematography dedicated to register the simply hanging out there part of life. I'm a beer enthusiast by the way.

22. Daniela Saucedo Garza's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

Just okay. Don't think I'll ever rewatch, though.

23. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

It's good to see what he can do with a bigger budget and some name actors. The improvisation made the dialogue seem more realistic. I know that frustration of being so close, and yet knowing nothing will happen.

24. lisbry's rating of the film Drinking Buddies

i genuinely liked this. improvised dialogue in movies will never not interest me ~ add three of my favorite actors and some beautiful cinematography and it couldn't help but be a good experience.

← Previous 1 3 4