1. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Drive, He Said

March Madness viewing, but also anytime viewing for cinephiles curious to see where, during his ascendency, Jack Nicholson tried his hand at directing. The visual energy and underlying concept are strong: hip mingling with square on campus, slinking between the basketball court and the draft office. Jack handles some scenes exquisitely, and fumbles others. But it's a thoughtful snapshot of America at a crossroads.

2. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Drive, He Said

A film with so light a touch I've almost forgotten it.

3. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film Drive, He Said

4. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Drive, He Said

Despite the inconsistent acting on display, and despite certain aspects of the film feeling quite dated, this is a surprisingly superb directorial debut from Jack Nicholson. There are familiar themes explored here that still resonate, and as the end credits rolled I started to wish that Nicholson had tried his hand more behind the camera. I have loved this and The Two Jakes, so just have to get to Goin' South ASAP.

5. Ramzi's rating of the film Drive, He Said

The yippie nonsense parts didn't age well - who would have guessed? Decent, unspectacular film otherwise.

6. Henry Watts's rating of the film Drive, He Said

A damning indictment of 1960s counterculture and the dangers associated with becoming an impractical idealist. Incredible performance by Michael Margotta.

7. alexanderstoreygordon's rating of the film Drive, He Said

8. Steve G.'s rating of the film Drive, He Said

9. Ethan's rating of the film Drive, He Said

This was what movies about college looked like before they turned into raunchy, slapstick comedies.

10. Cinema Paradisio's rating of the film Drive, He Said

Is it just me or was Karen Black in almost every movie made in the early 70s. And pretty much the same role too. She always played the girlfriend of some druggie guy. Check out born to win and cisko pike to see what I mean. she was cute though

11. Justin Senkbile's rating of the film Drive, He Said

Oh, okay, so this is the great BBS movie. Way better than EASY RIDER or anything by Rafelson. Jack is a little showy with the camera, but hey, 1971, who wasn't (besides Bogdonavich)? And who knew Robert Towne could act?

12. Konrad Szlendak's rating of the film Drive, He Said

I expected something much worse, I suppose. In the end it's another drama taking a shot at the fallout of the 60's and it does it with style. There are better and worse moments, but this film is really worth seeing.

13. A47's rating of the film Drive, He Said

Well, there's a lot of "Jackisms" in this movie. However, I can't help that feel that the characters are unauthentic, despite wearing hearts on sleeve -probably largely generational, though. This was probably a very "now" movie at the time. As a film, it is choppy, dizzying and full of an angst that seems to drive from unknown -without reason. I relate to these characters, but overall, they aren't doing anything.

14. Olivia Reneé Saldívar's rating of the film Drive, He Said

We're gonna tear this mother down, man.

15. Tom Mikos's rating of the film Drive, He Said

That's Michael Margotta, Rudy!

16. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film Drive, He Said

well...it IS different...Nicholson gets props for directing a decidedly UN-Hollywood film