1. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Drowning by Numbers

2. José Neves's rating of the film Drowning by Numbers

TV, re-rating. At times Greenaway gets immersed in his own demonstrative exuberance, fruit of an eccentric personality and of an immense culture that amuses itself with its own specularity and spectacularity - in this sense, this filmmaker is a Welles' heir, the great propeller of Méliès magic. In this film made of strange games and exuberant things, the final part is so reiterative that gets tired in its own breath.

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Drowning by Numbers

4. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Drowning by Numbers

(...)Vieles in Peter Greenaways Film ist einzigartig, ja einmalig! Er lebt von der Begeisterung des Regisseurs für obskure Symbole, die manchmal darüber hinwegtäuschen, dass seinen Filmen eine ersichtliche Form fehlt. Ich denke, du wirst Greenaway entweder lieben oder hassen, verstehen aber auf keinen Fall.(...)

5. fardian's rating of the film Drowning by Numbers

i dont quite understand, but i enjoyed it tho.

6. unearthly_red's rating of the film Drowning by Numbers

This was a thoroughly confusing experience. But I liked it... I think?

7. Pymo's rating of the film Drowning by Numbers

Let the water erase our sins.

8. c5000's rating of the film Drowning by Numbers

Its like watching some twisted plot happening between one of Zubaran's still natures and his painting's grocery list, (resulting, by the way, in somthing a lot like Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom)

9. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Drowning by Numbers

Irrigating his wry but often dry-as-dust formalism with a fecund fairy-tale conceit (as well as a great deal of water), Greenaway conjures Angela Carter even as he predicts Wes Anderson, indulging his fetish for games (and gamesmanship) within an allegorical narrative of maybe-feminist, maybe-sort-of-misogynist revenge, in which there is more than one way to know the score, and more than one way to keep it.

10. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film Drowning by Numbers

Never been so enchanted by a Peter Greenaway. I normally find him pedantic and too self-conscious for his own good. Just because a movie is meta doesn't mean its good! But this is beautiful! Every shot could be a painting in a gallery. The plot is cleverly inspired. Not much bad to say about this one. I think I'll return to this soon enough.

11. meancreek's rating of the film Drowning by Numbers

First hour is hit-and-miss, second is perfect.

12. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film Drowning by Numbers

Exquisitely filmed black comedy.

13. jannicke's rating of the film Drowning by Numbers

this is a brilliant film. the best one I have seen in ages.

14. Law's rating of the film Drowning by Numbers

Too cryptic and literal for its own good.

15. redux's rating of the film Drowning by Numbers

A list is a list is a list.