1. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

2. EdieEmm's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

Enchanting and playful as a seaside summer or a Varda documentary short.

3. Chearth's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

4. hallensleben's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

"Rendons aux musées ce qui appartenait à César." Absolument fabuleux, chaque image est percutante et le commentaire est très poétique.

5. msmichel's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

'An azure corpse is a quality tourist.'

6. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

7. josh scam's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

une critique du bourgeoisie du côte, plêne d'amour and d'humour

8. letters never sent's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

I wish to be transported to that place.

9. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

Take me to the French Riviera and I'll love you forever.

10. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

Documentaries need some staging to make them brighten up... accesorize, you know? Why not?!

11. Klara's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

12. Thomas's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

A warm, pleasant sojourn along the idyllic Riviera. Lush, sun drenched and nostalgic, if a little staid in its narration and functional, documentary presentation. Very much like flicking through the best snapshots of someone's holiday in paradise.

13. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

Quite original and bit sarcastic, but I got bored after 10 minutes

14. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

This early documentary already shows typical elements of Varga's later style with its entanglement of poetic and ironic moments, its play with pictures and words.

15. Stefan Gardovic's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

A poetic infomercial for the french riviera made by Agnes Varda. Reminded me of "A Propos de Nice" with a poetic voice-over. The occasionally beautiful shots are accompanied by a very well written voice-over yet somehow the film did nothing for me.

16. Signe's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

"The villa is a delirium of decorative dreaming." Loved this!

17. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

3.5 So much warmth contained in one person, projected onto everyone or everything she points her eye at... Has Varda done any animation? If not, she should!

18. Ronja's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

i don't really understand everyone's excitement about this one. i see that the place or object of this film is cheesy itself but still i was hoping for more. on the other hand, it would be wonderful to see episodes like that about different places on tv (so as a tv reportage it would get four stars or maybe even five)

19. Tiba Hobus's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

Every image is absolutely beautiful. Great way of working with color, very inspiring. Makes me want to go back to France!

20. Nan Bauer's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

I love Varda's eye; she captures scenes that are delicate and precise. I wish she'd done travelogues of everywhere.

21. Helena's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

It's like watching a cinematic album of moments of a holiday. I love the colours and the framings' composition, I wish frivolity was always like this

22. Beatrice's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

A poetic journey through an elusive paradise. Neon bright colours and a relentless sun will leave you stunned. The voice-over, when spoken alternately by two voices, reminded me of the versicle/response pattern during Mass. The eye for detail is almost unbelievable, yet in the end you are cast out and left with the feeling that all you have witnessed is a fake.

23. Axel's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

Des jeux de mots, de caméra et de couleurs dans ce poétique documentaire d'une petite demi-heure qui donne envie de (re)découvrir le bleu unique du ciel et de la mer de notre magnifique Côte d'Azur. Cocorico.

24. orbaccc's rating of the film Du côté de la côte

que de la beauté faite images.