1. Andy Okta's rating of the film Dumbo

don't forget you tissue box.

2. Jackson Staninger's rating of the film Dumbo

Mastering the art of Sophisticated Simplicity, with high stakes and sharp writing. Can you believe this is a 60 minute movie with a main who doesn't talk? Easily top 3 Disney.

3. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Dumbo

The old Disney films are interesting as historical artefacts, reflecting the morals and prejudices of the time. Enjoyable but dated, but the psychedelic drug scene is pretty subversive and won't be seen in a Disney film again!

4. João R's rating of the film Dumbo

The lullaby scene, though.

5. Rocco's rating of the film Dumbo

David Mamet and Leonard Maltin both regard this as one of the finest films ever made. That's good enough for me.

6. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Dumbo

7. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Dumbo

The purest expression of Disney for good & for ill. The ultimate display of the plasmatic life-force Eisenstein associates with the early shorts. Everything is absolute squish or absolute strain, often set against lashing rain or a pure white void. Those bubblegum chimeras are still terrifying and Dumbo is still ludicrously cute. I love the broken-down robot voice of the train. Only the racism marred my enjoyment.

8. hamsa's rating of the film Dumbo

Disney + elephants = best cartoon ever!!

9. James Mackin's rating of the film Dumbo

That acid sequence is incredibly influential.

10. Elle Johnston's rating of the film Dumbo

You must be pretty cold hearted not to be sad for Dumbo in parts of this but I'm not a Disney fan.

11. Jim Fear's rating of the film Dumbo

Constantly watched this VHS when I was a kid. Explains a lot.

12. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Dumbo

13. Kelsey Hill's rating of the film Dumbo

14. Lino Monteiro's rating of the film Dumbo

One word: cute. There's nothing particularly remarkable about Dumbo. It's much simpler and more lighthearted, other than the drunken hallucination, which is rather creepy to be honest, though very fun to watch. The film isn't as grand as the eponymous protagonist's ears, nor as epic as previous Disney films, though it has moments of fine and powerful emotion, resulting in a film memorable in its simplicity.

15. msmichel's rating of the film Dumbo

Classic early feature from Disney with a fun and often touching script that tells its tale quickly but effectively. Watching with modern sensibilities one can call the filmmakers on hints of racism but some films need to be watched in the context of their times.

16. maddening cloud's rating of the film Dumbo

How could you make a film like that you sick motherfuckers

17. emichan's rating of the film Dumbo

a flying elephant. how original

18. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Dumbo

Not the best that Disney has to offer, though it's sweet, well-animated, and it spotlights a touching mother/son relationship.

19. britney spears's rating of the film Dumbo

This was playing on in a antique store that I wandered into. I wasn't brought up watching cartoons and had never seen it. The music hit me like a harpoon. "Sir, please don't touch the volume! Hey, Excuse me?! Excuse Me!" They kicked me out.

20. tomservo's rating of the film Dumbo

Dumbo?!?! I wouldn't exactly this a deep film but I guess the crows are an interesting depiction of racial stereotypes...strange this would be included before anything by ralph bakshi or Akira.

21. Ryan Browder's rating of the film Dumbo

I'm so relieved that I held out from buying the import, my favorite childhood Disney finally makes its way onto Blu-Ray in September

22. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Dumbo

A heartbreaking tale about a bullied kid forced to work in a circus while his mother is in jail, turns alcoholic and is tricked by a black gang. This is disturbing, Mr. Disney.

23. Shane Winter's rating of the film Dumbo

Pink Elephants on Parade. That is all.

24. the infallible foodstamps's rating of the film Dumbo