1. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Dune

Somehow manages to combine the steam-punk grotesquery of Eraserhead, the Victorian grandeur of The Elephant Man & the camp space opera of Flash Gordon, with Herbert's epic narrative chopped up & merely peppered throughout. I don't think it's as compromised as many Lynch fans like to pretend, & if anything, seems to be the cinematic forebear to the recent Twin Peaks The Return, in both positive & negative attributes.

2. Tiago Inácio's rating of the film Dune

the whispering voiceover exposition snoozefest...

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Dune

L'oeuvre reste inabordable au cinéma, même pour un David Lynch... www.cinefiches.com

4. Aardsy's rating of the film Dune

Lynch is normally perfect for nonsensical garbage.

5. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Dune

Buset dah, ngebosenin bgt. Sampe gak ngeh gw kalo ada Sean Young, Patrick Stewart sama Max von Sydow yg kayak gak ngapa2in di film ini. (1,5)

6. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Dune

7. SeemsLikeFun's rating of the film Dune

2.5 but there's a good chance I would give it a 3 or more if I didn't know David Lynch directed it.

8. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Dune

The novel came with its own glossary, and dramatizing such mythos isn't Lynch's skillset: his Dune is a mix of clunky exposition dialogue, pure abstract visuals, and almost nothing in between. But there are enough fascinating approaches to wonder what career we could have had if they cracked the script. Take it with just music and sound FX, and there are times you might even think you're seeing something visionary.

9. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Dune

10. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Dune

11. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Dune

12. Achromia's rating of the film Dune

Well this was something. It was definitely not good, but there are also some interesting elements to it. I guess if I had watched this before Star Wars I might have enjoyed it a little more...

13. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Dune

It's like Downton Abbey and The Fifth Element had an Eraserhead sperm baby. I read the books and I still had no idea what was going on here. So, I loved it. The way it conjures a hypnotic state - jumbling visuals, sound and temporal space as if on different planes - actually fits with the altered states angle in the text. So it's cryptic, yes, but so is Myth. Aching for rediscovery among Lynch apologists.

14. Ethan's rating of the film Dune

This is a brilliant science fiction epic that would be even better with Lynch's director's cut.

15. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Dune

16. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film Dune

I wouldn't want to talk about it either.

17. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film Dune

I really love this film. It is very close to the book, and is nowhere near as bad as people make out. Ignore the naysayers and drink the water of life.

18. DenoResandono's rating of the film Dune

Muaaaa-dib! Muaaaa-dib! Muaaaa-dib! Muaaaa-dib!

19. Trunfos's rating of the film Dune

20. James Mackin's rating of the film Dune

I saw it as the sci-fi version of Twin Peaks. I dug it.

21. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Dune

Dune is the best space opera ever written so any film is going to risk coming up short. The visuals and the atmosphere they create are strong, but the script is very weak in places, as is the acting from the likes of Sting. A missed opportunity....

22. revelintheview's rating of the film Dune

More like two and a half... but not totally invaluable! Sometimes hilarious, but you can tell an incredibly creative person made this (I mean duh Lynch he's chill).

23. IKB 191's rating of the film Dune

I know, I know, I know. But i really liked it anyway.

24. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Dune

Best used to replicate the feeling of having the flu and speaking with Jesus in your living room.

← Previous 1 3 4 5