1. Rodrigo Lima Cassemiro de Melo's rating of the film Dune

Devo admitir que assistir esse filme no cinema foi uma experiência divertida e surpreendente. Não é, obviamente, um filme perfeito, e está longe também de ser um filme horrível, só não é o que espera-se de um filme de Lynch. No entanto, existem momentos durante o filme em que a estética do diretor aparece e se faz presente de maneira inegável, e são esses os melhores momentos do filme.

2. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Dune

There were a couple of things that reminded me that this movie was actually directed by a talented artist - the ‘lynchian’ bad guys, some dream scenes. Rest of the time I was standing mute in front of the great mystery of art: What is the magic that creates great cinema? How can such a talented group of people fuck up a movie this way? How come they didn’t see this mess coming? What the hell were they thinking?

3. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Dune

Tell me where’s the bad movie? I don’t see one.

4. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film Dune

i love the shields and water drop kissing... kyle is a truly great actor at showing earnestness and listening

5. jhubbs's rating of the film Dune

Wish it was even weirder. Psychic alien folding-space scene is right out of Twin Peaks: The Return. Dreams, hallucinations, grotesques, unexplained narrative, cat-machine milking, even homoerotic Sting, scream Lynch. Focus on politics/religion very different take than 77 SW. Action scenes very bad, cheesy. Practical effects cool, cg ugly. Steampunk victorian designs. Voiceovers ugh. Music+. Obvious missing material.

6. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Dune

Somehow manages to combine the steam-punk grotesquery of Eraserhead, the Victorian grandeur of The Elephant Man & the camp space opera of Flash Gordon, with Herbert's epic narrative chopped up & merely peppered throughout. I don't think it's as compromised as many Lynch fans like to pretend, & if anything, seems to be the cinematic forebear to the recent Twin Peaks The Return, in both positive & negative attributes.

7. Tiago Inácio's rating of the film Dune

the whispering voiceover exposition snoozefest...

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Dune

L'oeuvre reste inabordable au cinéma, même pour un David Lynch... www.cinefiches.com

9. Aardsy's rating of the film Dune

Lynch is normally perfect for nonsensical garbage.

10. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Dune

Buset dah, ngebosenin bgt. Sampe gak ngeh gw kalo ada Sean Young, Patrick Stewart sama Max von Sydow yg kayak gak ngapa2in di film ini. (1,5)

11. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Dune

12. SeemsLikeFun's rating of the film Dune

2.5 but there's a good chance I would give it a 3 or more if I didn't know David Lynch directed it.

13. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Dune

The novel came with its own glossary, and dramatizing such mythos isn't Lynch's skillset: his Dune is a mix of clunky exposition dialogue, pure abstract visuals, and almost nothing in between. But there are enough fascinating approaches to wonder what career we could have had if they cracked the script. Take it with just music and sound FX, and there are times you might even think you're seeing something visionary.

14. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Dune

15. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Dune

16. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Dune

17. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Dune

This was made by Jodorowsky in an alternate universe and I rated it five stars.

18. Achromia's rating of the film Dune

Well this was something. It was definitely not good, but there are also some interesting elements to it. I guess if I had watched this before Star Wars I might have enjoyed it a little more...

19. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Dune

It's like Downton Abbey and The Fifth Element had an Eraserhead sperm baby. I read the books and I still had no idea what was going on here. So, I loved it. The way it conjures a hypnotic state - jumbling visuals, sound and temporal space as if on different planes - actually fits with the altered states angle in the text. So it's cryptic, yes, but so is Myth. Aching for rediscovery among Lynch apologists.

20. Ethan's rating of the film Dune

This is a brilliant science fiction epic that would be even better with Lynch's director's cut.

21. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Dune

22. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film Dune

I wouldn't want to talk about it either.

23. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film Dune

I really love this film. It is very close to the book, and is nowhere near as bad as people make out. Ignore the naysayers and drink the water of life.

24. DenoResandono's rating of the film Dune

Muaaaa-dib! Muaaaa-dib! Muaaaa-dib! Muaaaa-dib!