1. Taufiq Hariyadi's rating of the film Dunkirk

2. elMar81's rating of the film Dunkirk

Wierd movie, it doesn't look like a Nolan's opera. A piece of story I did not know, useful also for personal culture.

3. gaussian's rating of the film Dunkirk

slick music/cinematography/visuals/narrative structure BUT overall kinda meh? feels like chrissy was just like anyways, here's my new $100 million film

4. Egoisms's rating of the film Dunkirk

The plot device used to move the film from one scene to another is having men stare off-screen at an incoming terror. This works once only but is repeated multiple times. The sound & set design can't compensate for a narrative so insubstantial that it's forced, as horrors rely on jump-scares, to rely on hackneyed repetitions of a theme with no narrative content whatsoever. The film thus betrays its emptiness often.

5. skoog's rating of the film Dunkirk

when u cut away all the fun from a nolan movie, this is what you get. there's way less to hate on but also nothing to love.

6. kathmeep's rating of the film Dunkirk

“We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight in the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.”

7. Orlando mON's rating of the film Dunkirk

8. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film Dunkirk

The movie I think of when I think of Dunkirk is Battleship Potemkin. Like Eisenstein’s warfare classic, Dunkirk knows how to stage tension on a practically sociological scope – and, in its most tense sequences, approaches similar cinematic skill. But it also shares Potemkin's chief shortcoming: underbaked characters. As a result it doesn't earn the Zimmer-injected emotional payoff its conclusion tries to shill.

9. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film Dunkirk

Nolan has again shows his mastery in narrating such a magnitude of narration with such subtlety and delight, that you won`t really feel that you are temporally transitioning between earth and sea and sky. He even mastered the way he presented that tragedy inside without sliding it into a tear-jerker. Plus, you have accept that he did it all as an ultimate IMAX experience.

10. Robert H's rating of the film Dunkirk

Nolan proves once again he is able to direct breathtaking and stunning stories, supported once again with another fantastic collaboration with Hans Zimmer for his ticking score. However, the scale of the film feels far more confined than his previous works, and some of the character perspectives diluted the tension of the final scenes. Wonderful acting all round though, especially Jack Lowden.

11. chiathirdeye's rating of the film Dunkirk

12. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Dunkirk

Un bel "non proprio war movie", che rende in maniera intelligente le varie percezione della guerra, a seconda dell'arma di appartenenza. Ottimo il lavoro sul tempo, ben riuscito il modo di far emergere l'evacuazione verso l'Inghilterra, forse troppo calcata la parte sulle attese dei soldati una volta rientrati in patria. Innovativo.

13. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Dunkirk

14. aliasgenius's rating of the film Dunkirk

4.5/5 Such a juxtaposition when feeling full anxiety in the most reclined of seating arrangements.

15. C'est Bastien's rating of the film Dunkirk

16. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Dunkirk

17. Victoria L.'s rating of the film Dunkirk

At first, when the film was announced, I was puzzled by Nolan's choice of theme. Historical war films have never been my cup of tea due to the extreme use of personal drama that makes it difficult for the viewer to engage with the weider picture, the complexity of warfare. And here starts the huge BUT that makes this film stand out.

18. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Dunkirk

19. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Dunkirk

20. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Dunkirk

[More like 3.5] Very well made and involving, but not that interesting and events are only related to each other by how the story unfolds. There's no curiosity left for the viewer, and no opinion. You can just watch the movie and 'agree' with what it says. Yet I can't agree with how it says it.

21. Nachtreich's rating of the film Dunkirk

Vi prego ditemi cosa vi piace di sta roba, a parte qualche inquadratura della spiaggia.

22. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Dunkirk

23. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Dunkirk

La regia preziosa ed una fotografia magistrale tentano invano di riparare le falle create dalla pesante assenza di Jonathan Nolan, che causa più danni degli Heinkel tedeschi. Un Dunkirk mal contestualizzato a livello storico e rappresentato in modo anonimo ed un po' finto, ospita una marea di comparse senza protagonista, mentre tre episodi bellici tentano di incastrarsi fra loro in una narrativa piatta e farraginosa.

24. MisterColo93's rating of the film Dunkirk