1. SpacePirate's rating of the film Dunkirk

Nolan's best since The Prestige, Dunkirk succeeds on beautiful photography, brilliant Zimmer score, and an ensemble cast blending together creating a sense of emotional realism that keeps the film interesting in amidst the nonstop action, as otherwise the plot is quite bare. Would I watch again? Doubtful, as the lack of a true narrative makes its replay value low imo, but must see on the big screen for sure. 4 stars

2. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film Dunkirk

An Insta Classic. Powerful. Brilliant. Empowering. Nolan really went classical with this and threw in some thriller technique for good measure. I ❤️ The Brits

3. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Dunkirk

Nolan is a perfectionist and his remarkable account of Dunkirk’s episode spawns a distinguished and unpretentious epic war film whose outcome is powerful and sublime. (4.5 stars)

4. dordai_robert's rating of the film Dunkirk

5. east1999's rating of the film Dunkirk

Survivalist cinema provides lots of intensities at the theatre but not much to reflect on. Moreover, after spending all this money, stoicism doesn't speak for itself & it always begs from these directors that finishing brushstroke, either the lame song, a lowbrow closing shot, or a piece of wrenching narration. It's a weird moment to be in, stuck between the amusement park and old disaster cinema.

6. João Moura's rating of the film Dunkirk

7. Danu Labda's rating of the film Dunkirk

No one does film scores like Hans Zimmer, no one.

8. MS1915's rating of the film Dunkirk

Not what I was expecting. I see what Nolan was aiming at: a war film that was different and that stands out from the rest; an observational piece on the brutality of war. However the lack of sympathy or connection I felt with the characters overall hindered my viewing of the film.

9. Utlaningaar's rating of the film Dunkirk

10. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film Dunkirk

Apart from the 3rd act, which felt rushed and much too optimistic in comparison with the rest of the movie, it's pretty good. If you're looking for an intricate plot, character development or realist dialogue turn the fuck around

11. Gabriel Sica's rating of the film Dunkirk

12. Joe Hackman's rating of the film Dunkirk

One of those movies I liked less the more I thought about it. A rather empty exercise.

13. oooooo's rating of the film Dunkirk

14. Trunfos's rating of the film Dunkirk

15. haugenlars@hotmail.com's rating of the film Dunkirk

16. Ximena Vilchis's rating of the film Dunkirk

17. knockkneed's rating of the film Dunkirk

Not much to love, but the flight narrative ended beautifully.

18. Yasser Azmy's rating of the film Dunkirk

What Nolan is able to do in terms of film design/form/shape is mesmerizing, i'm sorry to say that i have no relation with the story as alwyes nolan picks stories i dont relate to or feel emotion with, but the whole experience is worth buying a ticket with no regret.

19. Joao Sobral's rating of the film Dunkirk

20. goulton green's rating of the film Dunkirk

Combined hi-tech, national sentimentalism, few breath taking scenes, nice hairdos and re-fashioned apparel only don't make a good war movie. I sometimes ponder if the same pathetic production machine behind Hollywood-like war movies is actually the same type of the pathetic production forces that create wars?

21. Alex Lewis's rating of the film Dunkirk

hans zimmer? more like hans zimmer-frame.

22. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film Dunkirk

I don't think I'm used to Nolan not using his talents to show us how smart he thinks he is. You can tell this was an emotional endeavour for him. He's replaced his usual pseudo-Intellectualism with an experience of an isolated moment in time. The first act was the best work Nolan has ever done.

23. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film Dunkirk

A visually marvelous piece of needlessly convoluted propaganda.

24. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Dunkirk

Either a high-concept action film parred-down or a series of pen portraits writ large - or probably a hybrid of the two. Situation and reaction are everything, thin sink-or-swim characterisation is pencilled in during the moment; but it's a kinetically thrilling montage with a simple often ruthless logic. It's refreshing to be free of political revisionism and for lower case patriotism to be pragmatically presented.