1. naokoken's rating of the film Durakovo: Village of Fools

A fake non-narrated documentary style film about the village of Durakovo. "The rules here are simple: telephone and mobiles are forbidden. Any letters, incoming or outgoing, I read them. Any information you need, I'll provide it." There is paranoia and even blame when a boy says "You never know when the enemy will attack. We have to be ready all the time. The world is turned upside down, but we did it ourselves."

2. Nathan Hopkins's rating of the film Durakovo: Village of Fools

Durakovo seems extremely unfocused. Yes, the reactionary and fascistic ideals expressed are shocking, as is the treatment of initiates into this cult. But it fails to develop these ideas, or to explore the individuals it documents in any depth. Nor, in fact, do I want to know any more about its subjects after it was over. Even the shooting, while certainly raw, in fairly bland, even dull. Very skippable.

3. David R Williams's rating of the film Durakovo: Village of Fools

Another 2.5. Starts out interesting enough and seems to be going somewhere but about a hour in you begin to realize its just going in circles. We get it. Move on.

4. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Durakovo: Village of Fools

I'd like to think that Oleg offers some hope for the future, but that may be too much to ask.

5. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Durakovo: Village of Fools

Durakovo a mini-Russia. You then start to understand why Russian expats only sigh when you venture into asking them if they will return to their homeland.

6. Lucas Runge's rating of the film Durakovo: Village of Fools

It's fun. You watch a cult operate. Then find out he's friends with old war generals, Russia's VP of parliament, nd the archbishop. Then u say oh that's no cult, that's just Russia.

7. wayne roylance's rating of the film Durakovo: Village of Fools

An accurate view of the state of Russia today. Another reviewer said that focusing on these "ignorant people" is like focusing on our "ignorant, extremist politicians." The problem is that Russian politicians control the state - there is no democracy to speak of. The director brilliantly exposes the chilling reality of Russia today without comment. He films, lets the people talk - & lets you judge for yourself.

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Durakovo: Village of Fools

I think it's ridiculous to say that this is the way Russia is going. It's just fear tactics by focusing on these ignorant people with their xenophobia, racism, and religious intolerance. It's like listening to our ignorant extremist politicians and believing that they represent the US. I sympathize with the kids, because they don't realize the bullshit they're being fed.

9. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film Durakovo: Village of Fools

An interesting look at a powerful right wing group and an egomaniac leader of a Village of Fools.

10. Valerie Ann's rating of the film Durakovo: Village of Fools