1. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film Dust

It's almost a match made in the stardust heavens! On the one hand, a whole documentary devoted to those little particles that we ourselves generate (at least in our households) but which we fight a never-ending battle to eradicate or conceal. On the other hand, a nation, culture, and 'Weltanschauung' characterized by a frank, almost painful, attention to detail and a quasi-religious faith in engineering. 'Wunderbar!'

2. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Dust

A deep musing on creation and destruction and their being simultaneously embodied in dust. An extended metaphor that branches and builds, but also each thing in the film is exactly what it is. Very interesting. Needs unpacking and further musing to fully activate it—a good thing—but generates bad reviews, which are a lot like dust bunnies on the verge of disappearing under the writer’s bed of solipsism.

3. mpho3's rating of the film Dust

I usually don't comment on films I don't finish, but I really want to say how much this had a Werner Herzog quality to it. I mean that as a complement, yet I just couldn't get all the way through this. The topic and approach taken is interesting, but the viewing experience for me was purgatorial.

4. Loz Loory's rating of the film Dust

Excellent, though a trifle long. Terrific voiceover. Almost all of the interview subjects are amazingly articulate. Covers the subject in breadth and depth, and with a sense of humor, when necessary. That "clean room" looks like a scene out of a "Dark Mirror" episode. There's an excellent non-fiction book about the Dust Bowl in 1930s America: "The Worst Hard Time" by Timothy Egan.

5. David R Williams's rating of the film Dust

Strangely compelling. The fact that so many people are so obsessed with dust is both hilarious and at the same time endearingly creepy. At about the hour mark the doc does a 180 and we go from amusing to shocking. Heard anything in the media about babies born to Iraq veterans having deformities? You have now - and you know why.

6. Fab S's rating of the film Dust

Très bon documentaire couvrant les différents aspects de la poussière. Intéressant flashbacks/flashforwards qui aident à mieux saisir les facettes du phénomène. Intéressant

7. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Dust

(2.5 stars) The title is no lie. It's a documentary about dust. An hour and a half expose of dust and how it affects everyone apparently. No joke. This movie is all about... dust. So... everything turns to dust. We are surrounded by dust. We fight against the accumulation of dust. Dust can be useful in certain research. Dust can take many forms. Dust is never-ending. Yep. A movie about dust. Crazy, man.

8. ejonline's rating of the film Dust

Much of this film moves back and forth between philosophical musings on the nature of dust and demonstrations of scientific studies of it. It is generally mild-mannered and just interesting enough. However, the section on bullets made from depleted uranium was heart-breaking. Graphic images of severe birth defects demonstrate what this material does and why use of it should be prosecuted as a war crime. Devastating.

9. Mark Smith's rating of the film Dust

This movie was at the Traverse City Film Festival some years back and I remember thinking "with a title so bleak, this film must be good." It's not. It's just about the most sleep-inducing movie I have ever seen, a real stinker.

10. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Dust

Dust in many forms and the people who are engaged with it. I love people sharing their passions, even if they aren't my passions, yet I found my attention wandering and myself losing engagement regularly. I can't pinpoint what was missing but, while the movie occasionally grabbed me for a bit, it never held me.

11. Scotch's rating of the film Dust

An ode to dust that isn't really about dust as much as it is about people who obsess over it. From OCD housewives to artists to scientists, it makes the everyday into something profound and fascinating. Achoo.