1. rado's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

Deceptive simplicity, tremendous direction and fabulous images, getting down to the essence of life in Taiwan.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

Dernière partie d'une trilogie, cette oeuvre mérite notre estime... www.cinefiches.com

3. jchandleroc's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

A film that uses stillness saturated with emotion to probe courageously into the essence of what it is to be human.

4. Diderot's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

No one gets the weight of everyday melancholy quite like Hsiao-hsien. It's like Ozu but more stoic, and with less feeling.

5. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

The mainland family afraid to eat Taiwanese buns-- unbearable poignancy here.

6. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

7. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

Hsiao-Hsien crea historias sobre relaciones familiares en base al tiempo. Está esa constante relación entre abuelo y nieto, el primero aferrado a sus tradiciones, el segundo marcado por una suerte de desapego a su realidad. El protagonista de "Dust in the wind", similar a otras películas de su director, está cegado por el conformismo, algo que al final de su historia repercutirá en su historia de amor.

8. Jason's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

Love. As ephemeral as the light. Dust in the wind, etc. What a scorcher. This thing is a muted sorcery. A cast spell. I needed to watch a man emerge from the narcotizing thrush of love into the hard light like a newborn screaming from the womb. And I needed it tuned just right. I needed to right timbre. Quite a leap forward. Hou is a God-like person. One of the real ones.

9. popsiclesicicles's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

at times overstated, at times lovely, the film gradually loses way of its meaningful wander to arrive at a more banal conclusion.

10. waywardwaters's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

Tunnels are entered and exited, bridges are crossed and epochs passed in existential vicissitudes heeding not to take a single present moment for granted. 'Dust in the Wind' humbles the human experience in his futile resistance against fate, leading to a poignant final snapshot of a time and place dislocated in the past but rediscovered again as an unearthed postcard in the grandiosity of the cosmos.

11. Nom de plume's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

This is probably another masterpiece, like almost every movie HHH made at that time, but I didn't fully apprehend it.

12. amanda wild's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

simple and gentle filmmaking that will sometimes land a soccer ball right in your gut

13. Ostermyers's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

14. Cole Caudle's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

No tricks filmmaking. Unashamed of its simplicity. A lesson to be learned. Have faith in your characters. Have faith in the power behind your fictions.

15. Sammy Chien's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

16. Kiko, um cronópio's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

Mulheres. Nenhum outro bicho se aproveita tão bem dessa conversa do destino.

17. sharunasbresson's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

In every Hou film i can find a moment when one characters is looking at another, not looking back to him/her; and everytime it's a deeply touching cinematic moment.

18. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

Is "Dust In the Wind" Hou Hsiao Hsiens best work? I'm sure many would not think so, but on a personal level no other film of his has had such an impact on me. A heartbreakingly subtle film, with (in my opinion) one of the most beautiful final scenes of all time.

19. jimmylorunning's rating of the film Dust in the Wind

Finally! Thanks, Auteurs, for adding my favorite Hou film.