1. FISCHER's rating of the film Early Spring

Avec un extrait musical de la Traviata de Giuseppe Verdi ..... www.cinefiches.com

2. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Early Spring

3. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Early Spring

4. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Early Spring

5. Diderot's rating of the film Early Spring

"I worked 35 years only to discover that life is an empty dream." I love the scene where Goldfish says goodbye.

6. Ludovic72's rating of the film Early Spring

Dans la série des radiographies du Japon d'après-guerre par Ozu, voici (entre autres choses) le problème de l'infidélité. Comme toujours, les situations évoluent lentement, assez calmement et très poliment, avec un humour de façade cachant un certain fatalisme humaniste : personne n'est vraiment heureux et tout le monde a ses raisons de faire des erreurs. Evidemment, le moralisme sous-jacent peut aussi agacer...

7. Ma-rewind's rating of the film Early Spring

L'amour, la jalousie, l'amour encore et le Japon....

8. Henri's rating of the film Early Spring

Sensible et tragique, un très beau film.

9. Alexis Feix's rating of the film Early Spring

La beauté des mouvements du corps et des regards, expressifs dans leurs ténuité, et le quotidien comme une nappe irréductible d'où l'on tire aussi la beauté mélancolique.

10. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Early Spring

11. cyrikelly's rating of the film Early Spring

Il a été déjà diffusé.

12. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Early Spring

merci MUBI ! film culte que l'on a plaisir à revoir plusieurs fois au fil des ans.

13. Love Walked In's rating of the film Early Spring

The latter Ozu's pictures are 'dope' if i may say so.

14. Aardsy's rating of the film Early Spring

Even the extramarital affairs are polite.

15. jamshid's rating of the film Early Spring

Ozu gets back again to everyday life of a office worker on the verge of a marital crisis and fed up with his ordinary job. it`s about disaffected nature of middle class men. ideal life is out of reach and the only device to keep life endurable is to accept it as it is. A little lengthy but still perfect.

16. Ramona Arsene's rating of the film Early Spring

Silence as the peak of expression.

17. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Early Spring

One of the most emotionally ambiguous ending. Freed from their past mistakes, the couple simultaneously locks themselves away from their friends and are confined to 3 years in the service of a company. Death seems to persist all throughout this oddly nihilistic vision, as the memories of the dead child haunt Tokyo through the sound of crying babies in the background. Goldfish was slightly underdeveloped though.

18. azoulay's rating of the film Early Spring

chef d’œuvre; admirons le sublime personnage féminin du film. Ozou est le peintre des femmes

19. Stevie's rating of the film Early Spring

A lesser Ozu but still an important film in his oeuvre as he disembarks totally from melodrama in this. A solid 7/10.

20. Emily O's rating of the film Early Spring

i love noodles but that noodle party sucked :(

21. GiantCockEater's rating of the film Early Spring

Not as poetically tragic as Late Spring or Floating Weeds, this Ozu film is still rich and interesting for 3 aspects: the photography stood out in several spots (unusual for Ozu) with some great silhouette shots; Ozu suffocates us with very crowded frames here (especially in the office) and moves the camera (!!!) a few times in odd places; and finally the 3 brief singing scenes and comedy contrast the sorrow nicely.

22. © <',))( Astro-Tofupraxographer's rating of the film Early Spring

Of all of Ozu's films that I've seen, this is still the one that resonates the most with me. Here he taps in to all my worst fears growing older: getting a steady corporate job, cheating on my wife, and then finally, becoming too tired to enjoy retirement.

23. lazycalm's rating of the film Early Spring

24. ijol's rating of the film Early Spring

"That's what we got waiting for us, just disillusion and loneliness."