1. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Early Summer

2. grassybrownie's rating of the film Early Summer

a movie about true feminism that I do not think Westerners will ever realize. I got to see those same faces again and now I feel so touched and familiar with these actors. The more time I invest in Ozu's movies, the greater my admiration for him is.

3. ihor's rating of the film Early Summer

The most light hearted of the Noriko trilogy with the most humor and overt teasing while still dealing with big themes in a serious manner. It's incredible how much Ozu can spin the same basic cast of actors, plot line, setting and overt technique while still saying something new. Just as Ozu showcases the importance of subtle gradual changes in life so too can one marvel at his subtle cinematic gestures.

4. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Early Summer

5. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Early Summer

6. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Early Summer

8.6/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2xz

7. Aardsy's rating of the film Early Summer

I never tire of the endless marriage negotiations.

8. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Early Summer

9. HSBilly's rating of the film Early Summer

i just realized that the kids is always two brothers, in ohayo, i was born.. and this too. and they had similar doings.

10. Johnny Fairfax-Lucy's rating of the film Early Summer

11. Matthieu Thieblin's rating of the film Early Summer

12. azoulay's rating of the film Early Summer

Ozou, nous installe dans un coin de la maison, à regarder vivre cette famille et du simple quotidien il fait une fable immense, . Il s'y joue les grands bouleversements du Japon moderne, et sur le plus sensible des sujets: amour et liberté de femmes, le maitre du cinéma japonnais tisse une œuvre douce et amère faite d'espoir et de résignation; Du grand art.

13. John Baldwin's rating of the film Early Summer

This is tied with Tokyo Story as my favorite Ozu. (Also fond of The Only Son.) Setsuko Hara lives!

14. Stevie's rating of the film Early Summer

Beautifully written, acted and directed. A truly lovely film with the great Setsuko Hara.

15. Ben Dooley's rating of the film Early Summer

Much funnier than I was expecting. Noriko is 27 and her family is pushing for her to get married. It certainly passes the Bechdel test and the scenes with her unmarried friend are great, as they tease their married friends - great comic performances. There is also so much emotion in all of the relationships - the scene on the beach near the end is powerful.

16. joey Noodles's rating of the film Early Summer

The uncle might be my favourite character in all Ozu. 5/5

17. sewslow's rating of the film Early Summer

The scenes with the near-deaf uncle are some Grade A footage. Hilarious.

18. Movies Nick's rating of the film Early Summer

Possibly my favorite film, a brilliant commentary on time, loss, and acceptance. Brilliant.

19. M Klein's rating of the film Early Summer

Love this. The ordinariness of the family. The bossy brother who comes around to his sister's choice. The wife who holds things together. An old married couple who love each other. Walking on the beach. Every little community has its golden moment, then it disperses as its members have to move on.

20. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film Early Summer

Another masterstroke from the genius that was Ozu Yasujiro. Also one of Hara Setsuko's finest performances. The "Noriko Trilogy" stands out as three of the greatest films ever made, not just of their particular era. It would be a dream come true to view Early Summer in a cinema setting.

21. Mike Spence's rating of the film Early Summer

I'm drained. Is this how children feel when they watch action movies or thrillers?Wow.

22. Liga dos Blogues Cinematográficos's rating of the film Early Summer

TAMBÉM FOMOS FELIZES, porque um autor completo com suas constantes temáticas e estilísticas, pode ser visto em um único filme, um macrofilme cujas obras singulares são apenas variações sobre um mesmo tema, o retrato da sociedade japonesa com as mudanças ocorridas depois da Segunda Guerra Mundial | André Setaro

23. monochrome max's rating of the film Early Summer

Featuring actual earth angel Setsuko Hara in a performance full of humor, poignancy, and admirable self-assurance.

24. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Early Summer

The most cheery of Ozu's masterpieces, which means that comedy makes time for tragedy rather than the other way around. Tears of joy, and I count at least ten(!!) shots where the camera moves. 5 out of 5 stars.