1. Amrit Rukhaiyaar's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

A film with minimal writing, there is a lot to admire in Earthly. At the bottom of a mountain (a mountain with a folklore legend), rests a town, brimming with poverty and is perhaps being controlled by the military. The cinematography of Earthly is top notch and often provides multiple frames within a shot giving away the contrasting perspective and resistance between the people and the army.

2. Charlie's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

Me gustó la fotografía y la música. Como documental, no me quedó clara la historia.

3. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

I am not sure what I expected from this film, but it never reached the edification that I hoped for. "Earthly" could easily replaced with mundane, so much of the film is defined by how little actually occurs. The scenes that is does depict have nothing intrinsically beautiful about them. It feels as though there was a void of what could have been put on display for this. Even obtuse films eventually need a point.

4. peaches and plums's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

all the ppl r uggos n its making me sad

5. David R Williams's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

What a strangely compelling little film. Who is the woman we see throughout? She seems angry. Why are cannons mounted on those...burros? What are they doing to that dog? Questions never answered. Those within the film know the answers. The world goes on.

6. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

I'm more admiring than enjoying this one.

7. Loz Loory's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

I wish I could see this on the big screen, as I think I missed out on seeing lots of fascinating details in the images. Wonderful vignette about a location I had no idea existed. Those enormously tall dusty brown trees towering over the houses are breathtaking. The military presence is ominous. I thought of Molokai and how the army has bombed it to death. Sad destruction of natural areas all over the world.

8. captainfez's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

9. Milly Hampton's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

Beautiful choice of aspect ratio. Felt like walking through a photography exhibition.

10. Corey's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

Boring 20 minutes... wasn't really sure what I was watching other than some shots alternating between picturesque and impoverished locations.

11. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

I don't quite get it. Perhaps because I found it hard to focus on it

12. Jason's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

A phenomenal collection of rhythmically conjoined quasi-documentary fragments. There is a deftness of touch to this assemblage that is as remarkable as it is uncommon. The images are gorgeous and judiciously captured. There is an almost musical-intuitive sense of montage. The whole thing comes off as an immensely satisfying immersion in a quotidian world raised to the station of magic.

13. Bodi's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

Interesante reflexión sobre la vida en la Patagonia hermosos paisajes ambiente muy bien logrado

14. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

This film reminded me of Deleuze's argument that the cinematic frame creates an equivalence between everything that passes through it. Aerial landscape, house, military parade, dog: all are equally proportionate within the frame, all are equally worthy of attention. But this loss of hierarchy is also a loss of center, the world/frame profoundly non-human, and the camera the gaze of non-anthropocentric disinterest

15. J.B.'s rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

Interesting approach to the cinematography. The contrasts were well executed and intriguing. Could have used ten more minutes to establish a story.

16. marypoppings's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

The quality of the film was professional and good. For the most part, the film is a succession of cuts of different scenes. For example, scene of a mountain, cut to scene of a town, cut to scene of a house, cut to scene of a sign, etc. But I found the film to be depressing with hardly any action. Perhaps the style of the film director in trying to convey that there isn't much action in small towns as Patagonia.

17. vertigofalls's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

Beautiful images, but little else to hold onto or understand. Perhaps I missed the point--I am watching the competition shorts while cranky and laid up in a hospital. There were several frames though of remarkable framing, etc that will linger.

18. noemi's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

beautiful landscape, but what's the relationship with the introduction? seems to me a film about dogs. didn't catch the thread of anything.

19. Danielleo's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

20. AugusteB's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

Fascinating. Would love to see more.

21. mgaspa's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

Sin ninguna descrpcion ni relato consigue crear un ambiente que te mantiene a la expectativa y que progresivamente se desvanece al aparecer los militares.Muy buena exoeriencia fílmica.

22. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

Unusually good color and light—vivid and limpid but entirely natural—a rare thing in film. Makes the subject matter that much more chilling.

23. Nan Bauer's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

Beautiful startling landscape in the background, grinding poverty in the foreground, and the military is everywhere. An intriguing study in contrasts. I liked the enigma of the legend offered at the beginning, and applaud the filmmakers' willingness to keep their distance.

24. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Earthly (Opposite to the Sky)

I guess I don't get it. Some pretty views. Some dog doctoring. Nothing much more than that.