1. Corriel's rating of the film Eastern Boys

Well directed and with great framing, I was not much into the story but found the second part more interesting. (3.5)

2. João Martins's rating of the film Eastern Boys

It starts with a slow action but throughout the film we get the idea of it: illegal emigration, solitude and romance through the vision of a rich French man and a Eastern boy looking for money and papers. It has the best house robbery scene ever.

3. Ameille's rating of the film Eastern Boys

4. Pipim's rating of the film Eastern Boys

Film d'image-cristal le personnage semble être autant la victime de ses démons que l'acteur de sa résignation. Apologie du silence. Le film vacille entre univers mental et réalité sociale désastreuse, dans une volonté globale de dépossession et de romanesque. Ce qu'il y a de pire dans ce film ne sont pas les personnages, mais le fait qu'ils existent pour de vrai.

5. Phat Nguyen's rating of the film Eastern Boys

This film has good performance and good taste, but something is missing in its, which I've not regconized yet. I prefer the younger protagonist anyway.

6. mpho3's rating of the film Eastern Boys

Strong performances anchor an unusual story arc. "The opening shots of the teeming Gare du Nord set the tone of a movie that is a Darwinian social mosaic examined without cynicism." - Stephen Holden, NYTimes

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Eastern Boys

8. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Eastern Boys

This movie is longer than 2 hours, but you don't notice for the time to pass. It starts as a psychological experience (what would you do in Daniel's shoes if you set your own house robbery?), then things calm down as Daniel and Marek know each other in a very tender way, and the rollercoaster of emotions comes again for the final apogee. If more people saw this movie, prostitution ratings would definitely come down.

9. Chris's rating of the film Eastern Boys

gay crime romance thriller drama, my favorite genre 9/10

10. Kk Soft Boss's rating of the film Eastern Boys

11. Igor Ramos's rating of the film Eastern Boys

I very much enjoyed this edgy mixture of thriller, gay romance and sociopolitical criticism. This man and these boys (specially Boss and Marek/Rouslan) are very magnetic and the mood is very tense right from the start. That was, hands down, the best robbery scene ever!

12. Dogville59's rating of the film Eastern Boys

Unsettling because of the harshness of the Eastern hustlers but I grew to empathize with their plight. I liked how the protagonist handled all the situations thrust upon him. The film develops slowly but if you stick with it you will be rewarded. The cinematography is fresh and interesting.

13. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Eastern Boys

A social drama, a love story, a thriller; "Eastern boys" is many things but at the core it's about the situation of immigrants "sans papier" in Europe. It works this theme on many levels and it's this multi-layeredness that makes the movie special. The characters are also well written and the actors do a fine job in bringing them to life.

14. AALC's rating of the film Eastern Boys

I loved dancing scene. Especially that part with mirror. The topic was also interesting and relevant.

15. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Eastern Boys

3.5 ~ Interesting on a lot of different levels. I liked the play on spaces. Not only on physical space, but on the space we place between other people and ourselves. Our lives, desires, dreams, and duty. Worth seeing.

16. nino nino's rating of the film Eastern Boys

Beautiful shots and superb acting. The expression on the protagonist's face was interminably unreadable which, in some odd way, added to the film instead of taking away from it. Shows how thin the line is between the different branches of love & affection; which makes for a very uncomfortable film, but uncomfortable ideas make for interesting conceptualizations.

17. tsarevich's rating of the film Eastern Boys

18. janh24's rating of the film Eastern Boys

Intriguing and genuinely original story that speaks to current socio-political tensions in Europe.

19. José Neves's rating of the film Eastern Boys

The opening sequence at the train station, by itself, would guarantee the interest of this film: a close reading of a space(s) and its sounds, a real place that will come fictional by découpage. Becoming is an important factor of the fiction and the film, in the fourth chapter, at the immigrants hotel,finds the excellence of its beginning. The boy who plays the young Ukrainian is of a Bressonian correctness.

20. LuisBlue's rating of the film Eastern Boys

The first two chapters were fabulous.

21. Ivó da Silva's rating of the film Eastern Boys

'Eastern Boys' conte l'histoire d'un amour naissant entre un propriétaire solitaire d'une quarantaine d'années et un jeune ukrainien immigré. Ce film pèche selon moi par une mise en scène regardable, mais très banale, passe-partout donc. Mais bien que je me sois ennuyé pendant la première demi-heure - lenteurs, longueurs -, je ne peux qu'admirer le travail scénaristique remarquable de Campillo sur ce film. 3/5

22. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Eastern Boys

Although overextended and now and then unsteady, Eastern Boys is a solid sophomore feature by Robin Campillo, known for his work with Laurent Cantet as editor and screenwriter. (3.5 stars)

23. Denis Zordan's rating of the film Eastern Boys