1. bryanvmh's rating of the film Easy Living

Gets a little loose in the midsection, but Preston Sturges keeps it whippersnappy.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Easy Living

Comique souvent pesant qui joue trop sur les gags du cinéma burlesque... www.cinefiches.com

3. SpacePirate's rating of the film Easy Living

One of the best comedies ever, from any era. When you combine the incomparable Arthur with the equally brilliant ans witty script of Sturges, you get lightning in a bottle. The dialogue literally jumps off the screen at times. Most of the cast is at their peak form, with the exception of Milland who went on to topping himself with great performances in Lost Weekend and Uninvited. Top 10 com of the 30s easily. 5 stars

4. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film Easy Living

One of the funniest and most original screwballs I've seen. Compare how different in tone are the sequences of Jean Arthur gathering coins in her apartment, Mr Louis' guided tour around the imperial suite, or the mayhem in the automat, and yet they're all successful and enjoyable to watch.

5. Log Lady's rating of the film Easy Living

I love comedy that stems from misunderstandings and mistaken identities. Arthur and Milland are both delightful in this and Sturges's script never fails to entertain. Not my favourite ending, but the early scenes with the main couple are lovely.

6. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Easy Living

As usual, Preston Sturges has written wonderful lines for a large cast of comic actors and they deliver them exultantly. My favorite is Luis Alberni as Louis Louis, the hotel manager. He is so good opposite the great Jean Arthur that he is practically the co-star.

7. Dave's rating of the film Easy Living

Anything written by Preston Sturges is absolutely essential, so everyone should seek this one out. The most interesting thing to me is that Sturges later blamed Mitchell Leisen, and the way that he apparently butchered Sturges' scripts, for driving Sturges into directing. I don't see much of anything wrong with Leisen's direction here, but its an interesting historical footnote.

8. Joey's rating of the film Easy Living

If there was one Hollywood actress I could go back in time and kidnap and force to be my wife, it'd be Jean Arthur. Her saying Preston Sturges words is like screwball comedy heaven.