1. T Mills's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

A great crime film about what feels like real criminals, not exaggerated ones. The scene when he gets out and faces the police is incredible.

2. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

(4.5) Beautifully shot and directed with a sense of grace, yet driving ambition during the action scenes. Great heart-wrenching story about the sins of the father and the brokenness of a family of men. Takes a steady look at the struggle between light and dark, religion and anarchy. Great film.

3. raggiodisole's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

Big brothers, what a pain. Good job God was on hand to save the day.

4. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

I don't know what I thought I was going to get from this movie, but it was not what this movie gave me. It definitely was sold as more of an equal mix of the two genres it was said to inhabit, but falls much more into the french art house without giving enough of a balance to the two. This unfortunately falls into the category of false expectations spoiling what would have been a fine movie.

5. msmichel's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

Hue continues his immersion into the Yeniche Roma community in France with this follow up to his earlier feature 'La BM du Seigneur'. A young man, whose older brother is just released after a 15 year stint in jail, accompanies his brothers on an excursion into possible crime and definite tragedy. Not as involving as one would hope and certainly overshadowed by similar themed films.

6. mpho3's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

"The images often arrest, vividly, and these young men impress, their presence as potent as that of the... beloved Alpina racer, its guttural, revving engine, the dingy, archaeological underground garage they find it in, the weights, the bare chests, the cropped hair, blinking eyes, spat accusations, the flying-by pleasure of road speed. Not perfect but certainly a dusky gem of a film." Daniel Karman, Mubi Notebook

7. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

Gritty, gutsy immersive interlude in the lives of the less respectable element of French Romanis. Does little to counter racist stereotypes, but provides a revealing account of bonds, bonding and familial responsibilities that develop among those outcast from the mainstream. A tough watch.

8. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

9. Loz Loory's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

2.5 Why did the title not get translated literally as "Eat Your Dead"? It would have made sense in English, and "dead" instead of "bones" has more meaning with the father's death and erasure of a violent ethos. Good costuming on Jason: pure white clothes to keep clean until his baptism, yet dirtied by grease, diesel, and blood. His new white shirt has black piping to show his brief brush with the dark side.

10. captainfez's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

Gypsy or Christian? Don't let your brother choose.

11. David R Williams's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

Compelling, intense and just a really amazing film. The Hollywood Report said " a gritty Gallic noir set among the slang-spouting trailer park gypsies of Northern France, whose love of beer, barbecue, crime and God are about the closest thing Europe may have to the gun crazy communities of America’s Deep South." Close enough.

12. SiIencio's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

Starts as a promising portrayal of the romani community but quickly degenerates into the perils of 4 halfwits on the road. From social anthropology to drama through oddly comical in a heartbeat to end up with plain ridiculous. Hue delivers a stylish nocturnal cry on a single tank of petrol. However the farcical aspects, one suspects, were far from intended which sadly makes you quiver.

13. Graham Ball's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

Did I miss the point? I really admired the Cinema Verite style of the film (shades of New Wave meets T.Malick), which should have complimented the subject matter, but as a whole I really felt it underachieved. You had four very unlikeable men constantly shouting at each other (whether they were walking or driving), and drama this did not make. This firmly sits between 1.5/2 stars just for the style of the film.

14. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

In the shuffling madness Of the locomotive breath, Runs the all-time loser, Headlong to his death.

15. Superfrog's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

16. alimcintyre's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

A road movie conducted almost entirely in the dark which depicts a side of French life we rarely see. There were moments which made me laugh out loud but I'm not sure I was meant to.

17. Peter's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

Eat Your Bones shows the importance of an education without one, rinse and repeat, with lousy decisions, emotionally stunted characters, poor communications and shitty peer pressure. Sadly not a celebration of Romany life.

18. Marie Proffit's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

Sharp, intense and touching at the same time, 'Eat your bones' is a modern western with extraordinary and unusual actors. It feels like diving with them into a surreal night where things could not get more complicated really. It took my breath away.

19. Brian Lancaster's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

20. Erjon Deniro's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

The lights!! the lights and colors are the way of telling deep emotions. This film is so purely fantastic in cinematography.

21. Sydee58's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

Grungy, honest but a bare bones story.

22. crystal meff's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

"..it's true that i'm but a vagabond...my blood is warmer by far than the heat of your bricks and morter...i'll only ever be ... a Romany"

23. David Richards's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

At times, I felt like I was watching a documentary. This was different than the several films I have seen about Gypsies, which seem to focus on the "exotic" aspects of that culture. This could have taken place in rural Indiana: empty fields, junkyards and warehouses. It's a story about brothers... reminded me of my teenage years driving around in cars, drinking, getting into trouble. It felt very authentic.

24. nesto birma's rating of the film Eat Your Bones

excellent, unusual documentry + art film feel, characters both sympathetic and unpleasant, unusual ambience, almost BD feel.