1. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

Com o melhor exemplo de nepotismo em Portugal como protagonista, aposto que o tease do leque que a Catarina Wallenstein lhe fazia, deixou o avô Oliveira sentir um tilintar algures.

2. Igor Ramos's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

O Ricardo Trêpa tem tanto de actor quanto este filme de interessante.

3. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

4. Diogo Pires's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

A cena na casa do notário, com a harpa, o Luís Miguel Cintra, o Pessoa, é brilhante. Digno do melhor Oliveira.

5. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

I feel that there may be a level of irony that eluded me here, but I found this rather flat after the opening sequence. Haven't found the key to appreciating Oliveira yet.

6. Niall Quinn's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

I think all the people with negative reactions should remember that this film was made by a 100 year-old man. And maybe he's more wise than us.

7. Thomas's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

Gently compelling. I found it actually quite mournful.

8. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

9. Kelsey Hill's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

10. angelicidea's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

Baffling and captivating in equal measure

11. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

I think there is an expectation of that kind of behaviour from beautiful blondes. They are at a disadvantage because nothing is ever expected of them other than to be beautiful. Men always think they want the blonde shiksas, and then it inevitably turns out not to be worth it. Also, don't work for the family business if you really want to have control over your life. A little predictable, but well done.

12. Alex's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

13. dakotah's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

beautiful, organic, quiet

14. Clay_Carter's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

Not a touch eccentric was this fuddy-duddy short. It seemed a thoroughly unnecessary adaptation as the pulleys and gears of its mechanization were in need of liberal amounts of modern lubrication. There were blatant clues that broach the so called eccentricities of this girl and the man obsessed with the memory of her Chinese fan. Though, snooty girls like this are in extant today!

15. Matthew Chuckran's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

Burn and delete every copy of this movie. I'm sorry, but this is an anachronistic mess and an absolute waste of one hour. I find it extremely difficult to even want to dig for a deeper appreciation for this film when the only remotely captivating aspect of it is the minute and a half recital of a turn of the century poem. I can't think of another film that I've labored through that is so across-the-board dry.

16. NEIL's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

I missed it completely, this film was uninteresting in every way, look, feel, characters, story. I just didn't get it. Yea, when he had nothing, he had love and when he had everything he didn't have love . . . but . . .!!

17. T Mills's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

A simple and clever look at misguided love, however it connects with the romantic journey I think many of us take which eventually leads to bitterness and confusion. I wish he had included one more shot of the young man on the train, sitting next to the woman in complete silence. That would have strengthened the ending in my opinion.

18. Théo's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

Une grande maitrise dans la mise en scène. Simple, sobre, et beau. Du cinéma avec un grand C.

19. Axel's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

Partout, des formes rectangulaires rappellent la fenêtre dans laquelle se trouve la jeune fille. Cette fenêtre évoque à la fois un portrait de la Renaissance à la beauté intemporelle, mais aussi le mystère, la fenêtre entrouverte obstruée par des rideaux qui ne laissent apparaître que des silhouettes. Ce court film plein de poésie prend une dimension particulière lorsque l’on sait que le réalisateur était centenaire.

20. cyrikelly's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

L'amour au désespoir. Une torture pour notre jeune amoureux. Merci M. DE OLIVIERA.

21. Brinylon69's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

Slow and meandering punctuated by welcome flashes of the beautiful girl. Eccentricities? Not even a mild snippet of peculiarity. Loose ends and claptrap endings makes for a dull film.

22. DrFirestone's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

I found this adaptation very much out of the place. The story did not translate well to modern life and reality, it felt somehow strange. I appreciate the setting and acting which is quite good. It's difficult to say what this movie is focusing on or what kind of story it's telling. Characters are very flat and underdeveloped, I found it difficult to feel for them...

23. ajdehany's rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

Yoking three centuries in one, valuable as an introduction to three sorely overlooked Portuguese artists: Manoel de Oliveira (director, who died only this week (Apr 2)), José Maria Eça de Queiroz (19c novelist, rated with Dickens, Balzac & Tolstoy), and Fernando Pessoa (amazing 20c poet).

24. We are all ghosts!'s rating of the film Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl

I haven't read the book. Ok-ish, but still pretty much just a droll attempt at something purposeful. Certainly uninspiring, & definitely unimaginative. The ending didn't come soon enough for me.