1. William's rating of the film Eggshells

Hooper's first feature is an invigorating $40,000 Austin "hippie movie" full of period editing and effects. The skillful use of sound and naturalistic/documentary performance foreshadows some of the strengths of TCM, as well as appearances by Allen Danziger & Kim Henkel.

2. TheMonolith79's rating of the film Eggshells

If you have never taken LSD and you wanna know what it feels like, watch this movie. It's easily one of the trippiest movies ever. By they way, if someone understood what was going on, drop me a line...

3. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Eggshells

Triiipyyyy!!! With the most awesome single-man sword fight ever!!! 8D

4. Cichlisuite's rating of the film Eggshells

Some interesting experimentation and some scenes are actually somewhat interesting but they're too infrequent and the overall product isn't terribly engaging.

5. Ark V's rating of the film Eggshells

smoking battle scenes within these folds

6. slugmore's rating of the film Eggshells

it loses its way a couple of times (although not completely messy) but holds some really beautiful shots (some that in the house are reminiscent of lynch) & captures a mood & aesthetic that is unusually rare. 3.5 stars.

7. DrFirestone's rating of the film Eggshells

It's kind of hard to describe or rate Eggshells... It's rather abstract, and I surely would not recommend it to someone looking for a good story. However, I really appreciate this film. It's more of an experience, the feel, the music... It gives an opportunity to experience 1969, Austin, Texas. Amazing time, interesting people and location. I'm glad I watched it.

8. chazell's rating of the film Eggshells

At times a bit much, but some exciting elements in the sea of strange. ((balloons v good))

9. GreenROCK's rating of the film Eggshells

10. 'king Harold's rating of the film Eggshells

The still gives off a misleading sci-if air, I wouldn't have chosen that. It is a fascinating artefact. Only the girls seem remotely hippy-ish, the men seem on the make as always! Loved the all out psychedelia and phantasy interludes, brilliant camera work and editing.

11. ajdehany's rating of the film Eggshells

Perhaps not "psychedelic comedy" - it resists any categorisation, except perhaps "film art" which captures both its strengths (ribald unconcern with traditional sense) and weaknesses (an experiment without a result).

12. raggiodisole's rating of the film Eggshells

s'a big batch of 3's i#m wading through right now......so, to justify, intriguing, a fascinating eye on some of the more out there aspects of the 70's, but not as engaging as I hoped. signs of the Tobe Hooper to come, though...

13. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Eggshells

There are some remarkabele psychedelic sequences with weird and experimental soundscape/score elements similar to the sound Hooper uses - much more consequent - five years later in his „Texas Chainsaw Massacre“.

14. El Biffo's rating of the film Eggshells

Not just another hippie artifact! This neo-documentary from Austin, Texas, 1969, is a beautiful piece of Americana that captures the feeling of that moment.

15. ADZERTY's rating of the film Eggshells

Que voulez-vous, j'aime ce genre de film psychédélique et beatnik...

16. paul oram's rating of the film Eggshells

So now that the hippie generation rule the world what happened to all that peace and love?

17. Andrew F. Moncrieff's rating of the film Eggshells

hmmm would rather it on blu-ray!

18. Shelly Hatlestad's rating of the film Eggshells

PSYHOdelic. Are the early scenes of the watchtower intended to evoke Charles Whitman?

19. Lana Cook's rating of the film Eggshells

Any word about when Watchmaker films is planning on distributing this film? I am planning on writing about Eggshells for my dissertation, but these plans are sadly disrupted by the film's current unavailability.

20. msmichel's rating of the film Eggshells

Hooper's first film was a hippie dippie experimentation in Austin 1969. Quite visually interesting for the first half hour but quickly runs out of steam. Unseen for four decades and nothing more than an odd curio at this point. Chainsaw it ain't.

21. Phasmatrope's rating of the film Eggshells

No longer streaming?? You gotta be kidding me!! It seemed like only a month ago, it was available on here; when did it go away?? And more importantly, how are we gonna be able to see it now??

22. Mark Rance's rating of the film Eggshells

Watchmaker Films is distributing EGGSHELLS. We are getting ready to launch the film and it will be on Mubi later this year. Blu-ray and DVD will follow in the early part of 2011. I will ask the Mubi team if they might like to start with Tobe's short film, THE HEISTERS and if so we can post that very soon.

23. Cameron Raecke's rating of the film Eggshells

In the crawl text, it should be, "its," not, "it's." I don't go around correcting that sort of thing in internet posts, but in an officially produced video like this, it really jumped out at me. It looks like an interesting movie, though.

24. Lthm2's rating of the film Eggshells

Doing something bizarre is easy to think at if you train it or if you feel like it, but doing something absolutely bizarre and not miss a single shot is a real aim. This film is so true to itself, so creative, so well executed you cant' understand how it has been possible for such a little budget. Amazing.