1. FISCHER's rating of the film El Cid

Corneille est bien malmené, reste l'efficacité et la maîtrise d'Anthony Mann... www.cinefiches.com

2. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film El Cid

I don't know if this film is as good as I remember, but it has haunted me. I adored it on first viewing. I saw it again on TV and loved it again. I know that Heston and Loren did not get along. However, they are both magnificent physical presences. The story is so compelling and this movie may have the one Miklos Rosza score that matches the subject. As with "Scaramouche" and "The Sea Hawk," I am swept up.

3. christos1ngle's rating of the film El Cid

4. chickenwing's rating of the film El Cid

Close to four. My introduction to Genevieve Page. I can watch the scene where she comes to make Chémin stop Moses from making the king swear repeatedly.

5. Jerome Magajes's rating of the film El Cid

6. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film El Cid

One of the best film scores of all time. But film is not good, especially first two sword fight choreographies. and final reminds me of Austin Powers & Rob Lowe gags. I liked Genevieve Page despite S.Loren close-ups. I'm tired seeing Heston, his water bottle and lepers. A Spain film without Spanish actors, a Hollywood classic. This film's not deserve Rozsa's beautiful score. Film: 2/5. Music: 7/5 (with 3 cd version!)

7. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film El Cid

One of the last great Hollywood epics a cast of thousands but Mann manages to inject a human interest story amid all the splendour

8. Robin Whenary's rating of the film El Cid

One of the greatest epics, with an absolutely beautiful Miklos Rosza score.

9. Dave's rating of the film El Cid

Among Mann's finest films. An historical epic that is entertaining the entire way through.