1. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film El mar

3.5/5. Both passionate and violent. Violence is something which can turn right back at you.

2. Samuel Donath's rating of the film El mar

2.5 Interesting subject matter, but not the best from this director.

3. Eléonore Tain's rating of the film El mar

Belle manière de filmer les corps

4. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film El mar

ANOTHER GAY FLICK ... (sigh) ================= 6 films (5 gay, 1 lesbian) out of 30 films this month. Is that MUBI's specifications : ..... 20 % homosexual / 20 % oriental / 30 % French art & essai, etc etc ?

5. knb72's rating of the film El mar

une découverte trés bon film etre sur mubi permert de voir des films rares ou de redécouvrir des films et de voir des film qui ne sont que sur mubi

6. Ludovic72's rating of the film El mar

Avec une histoire aussi sombre, il n'était pas utile d'en rajouter ainsi sur les symboles trop voyants, les effets musicaux trop lourds et un sordide un peu complaisant... Quant à la mise en scène, elle reste trop classique et prévisible (gros plans lors des dialogues, champs-contrechamps, etc.). Heureusement, les acteurs livrent tous de belles performances et arrivent à émouvoir.

7. Jorawantstoeat's rating of the film El mar

A portrait of violent, passionate, desperate generation of after-Civil War Spaniards. Even God turns to be helpless.

8. Max Seqgar's rating of the film El mar

9. msmichel's rating of the film El mar

Homoerotic tale that finds young men in a sanitorium suffering from TB while coming to terms with a violent incident from their pasts, their sexuality and their hopes for a future. Unfortunately the tale quickly runs out of steams and drags to its anti-climax.

10. Dogville59's rating of the film El mar

I watched this years ago and gave it 4 stars which I have now increased to 5 stars because I have several film courses under my belt and so appreciated the cinematography more this time around. This is a great film made great in part by its amazing cinematography in my opinion.

11. Pymo's rating of the film El mar

I've lost my innocence and I found god.